Blended Families

Well I'm back girls with a failed VBAC but...

Jamisen Grace is finally here! 8lbs 7oz & 20 inch long 11/26/09

Well, I started having contractions 20min apart Wed night around 10pm(I had bloody show that morning) and this continued until the morning when it changed to 8-10min apart. Because we live 1hr from the hospital, they told us to come in.  I was worried because we had 12 people showing up for Thanksgiving dinner and we wouldn't be there but my mom took over as host and finished the dinner.

We got to the hospital around 8am and I progressed nicely all day but stalled at 8.5 cm around 7pm and they said the baby was in a slanted position and her head was wedged in my pelvis. They started having issues with my epidural and I was having hot spots. I was in serious pain! So at 7:30pm dr said I needed a c-section.

Next thing I knew, as I was crying in pain and dizzy, I heard the Dr say that my pressure skyrocketted and he couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. My DH was pushed back in his chair and they rushed me to the OR. This nurse comes out of no where and stabs me in the arm with this needle and a mask is put over my face and then I'm out.

I wake up in recovery with my DH in tears over me asking me if I can hear him. I have no voice because they intubated me so my throat was irritated. I quickly asked about the baby and they said she was fine. She had also pooped inside so they had to check her out. They were still trying to get my temp up and DH said I looked grey when they brought me in and told me I had to have 2 units of blood during the surgery.

I'm having a rough recovery and very sore from all the pounding they did on my uterus to get it to stop bleeding & the wider cut they had to make to get in there. My voice is slowly coming back but my baby is healthy and I'm blessed. Oh and Dr said no more VBAC attempts for me!

I heard my guest had a great time at my house and my mom was a great host. She had everyone stop and pray when they heard what was going on from DH. I'll add a pic later because I just cant get up my stairs to get the camera!

Oh and DH's ex still came with her mom for Thanksgiving dinner and they had a great time. Eventhough we weren't there, the kids said they loved having their mom at their dad's house for the holiday so it was the right decision for me to make!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well I'm back girls with a failed VBAC but...

• Congrats!! Sorry about the failed VBAC, but hey you got your baby right ;) Hoping your recovery is speedy!
  • Congrats!!!

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG! I am glad that you and your little one are ok.
    ectopic 03/15/07 @ 9weeks; m/c 9.17.07 @ 6weeks ; m/c 04.02.09 @ 11weeks 1st Round of Clomid - 12/07/09; BFP 01/01/10; nonviable 01/18/10 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Congratulations on Jamisen and sorry to hear you had such a tough delivery.  Glad you are okay.
  • Congrats on the birth of your beautiful daughter (I may not have seen a pic, but I know she is!!) and good luck and prayers on a speedy recovery!
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Congrats!!! Hope you have a quick recovery.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• I'm so glad LO and you are healthy and safe! That sounds like such an ordeal! I hope your recovery is swift and speedy and that you can get back to normal life (well, as normal as llife can be with a newborn Wink). Post pictures whenever you get a chance!
  • Happy Birthday Jamisen Grace! 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • O Saran how frightening, so glad to hear you and baby are doing well.  I'm going to pray for you guys tonight as you have had it pretty rough these last few weeks.  Yet you still did what was best for your SD's at Thanksgiving, your character is really shining through.  Hope you feel better soon X
  • Wow that sounds scary. I'm glad you are ok & that everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner!

• Ugh, sorry it was so miserable! But congrats on the healthy baby girl!
  • Congrats! Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Congrats!!  I'm so glad your little one is here and healthy!  Can't wait to see the pic!
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • OH my!  I'm tearing up reading your post. Sad   How scary but I'm glad you and your baby are okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"