Indiana Babies

:::Kathy:::

Alright... I'm hooked!  I have to make stockings this year after seeing yours.  They are tooooo cute! 

A couple of questions:  Are there different types of felt?  If so, what kind do I need?  Did you attach the pieces with glue first, or just sew them?  About how long did it take you to make one?  I think those are my only questions.  Thanks for any help!!

Re: :::Kathy:::

• aw thanks. You're so sweet! :-)

I just grabbed some felt at Michael's!  They do have 2 different types.  They have "regular" felt like you've seen before, and then they have felt with a self-stick backing on it.  Definitely buy the regular felt.   The regular felt is  much cheaper (like $0.29 vs. $0.99 for an 8.5x11 piece).  Also, stuffing really adds dimension (noticeable in Eli's stocking - I need to add stuffing to Andrew's stocking still) and you can't really stuff the sticky felt since it sticks direclty to the piece underneath it.

Also, in the Christmas area, they selt a big bag of red (or green - Chirstmas colors) that contains a large piece of red felt that's big enough to make a stocking (or 2 or 3) out of.  The 8.5 x 11 pieces wouldn't be big enough!

I just sewed the shapes directly onto the main stocking piece. I just pinned them in place with straight pins and then stitched around the edge.  I quadrupled the thread thickness intentionally so that it would show up since that's the look I was going for.

I took me probably...I don't know...2 hours?

Let me know if you have any more questions! Have fun!

GL! :)

• Thank you!  Thank you!  I'm excited to start gathering supplies today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"