Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Ok, can I just cut my foot off?

So, I found out today that my foot will take a total of 2 years to heal COMPLETELY, unless they end up doing surgery. I will see improvements, but very slowly.  Nerve injuries are the WORST!!

As of now, he thinks we should wait on the surgery, about 2 months, to see if things start getting better on their own.  I have to continue to wear this LOVELY walking cast, until I can move my foot on my own.  If I don't wear the cast, my foot hangs when I walk and I trip on it and could hurt myself worse.  This sucks.   Just ugh.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Ok, can I just cut my foot off?

• Options

:(

Does that mean you can't drive or anything?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Cindy. That sucks! Feel better soon!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No driving. :(  I haven't driven since the week before Halloween (when this happened) and probably won't drive for another couple months, at least.  I can't flex my foot or move it outward, hence the reason for the walking cast.  If I don't use the cast, I would be tripping all over myself.  :( 
  • Options
    Oh, sweetie, that sounds just awful.  I'm so sorry.  Here's to hoping for quick(er) healing!!!
  • Options
    That is hard (((HUGS)))
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    I had to wear the walking cast for 6 weeks a few years ago.  Yes, it sucks but look at the bright side (if you want to).  1) it's winter so it's not the middle of the summer when it would be all sweaty (mine was July),   2) you can take it off for showers/baths and 3) you don't have to use crutches.   Help a little?  No?  Yeah- still is awful- sorry!
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options

imagebridesrighthand:
    No driving. :(  I haven't driven since the week before Halloween (when this happened) and probably won't drive for another couple months, at least.  I can't flex my foot or move it outward, hence the reason for the walking cast.  If I don't use the cast, I would be tripping all over myself.  :( 

How miserable!!!  So so sorry!

We'll drive to Abilene.  Forget meeting in the middle :)

• Options
    I'm so sorry. FWIW, I had a nerve injury in my wrist when I was pregnant with DD. It took a long time but it's finally better. My MS was so bad that I became quite dehydrated. They had trouble getting an IV and one of the nurses nicked a nerve in my wrist. I had issues with my left hand for quite some time. I was so worried that I would have trouble changing DD's diapers and such but I had full use of my hand by the time she was born. I still had (and do have) some very minor issues but it's so much better that I hardly notice it any more. GL!
  • Options
    Oh that sucks, sorry sweetie.  I hope you are able to move it on your own soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJillAly:
    I had to wear the walking cast for 6 weeks a few years ago.  Yes, it sucks but look at the bright side (if you want to).  1) it's winter so it's not the middle of the summer when it would be all sweaty (mine was July),   2) you can take it off for showers/baths and 3) you don't have to use crutches.   Help a little?  No?  Yeah- still is awful- sorry!

Yes sweetie, that DOES help a little. :)  I'm VERY glad it's not summer.  We're moving to Texas in Feb, so if I'm still in it, I'll be extremely thankful that it's not summer with that thing on.  ALSO, it blends in with my jeans and boot on the other foot. :)

• Options
    imageStacieErin:

imagebridesrighthand:

How miserable!!!  So so sorry!

We'll drive to Abilene.  Forget meeting in the middle :)

*sniff* you are soooooooo sweet!

• Options

imageMrs.JLC:
    I'm so sorry. FWIW, I had a nerve injury in my wrist when I was pregnant with DD. It took a long time but it's finally better. My MS was so bad that I became quite dehydrated. They had trouble getting an IV and one of the nurses nicked a nerve in my wrist. I had issues with my left hand for quite some time. I was so worried that I would have trouble changing DD's diapers and such but I had full use of my hand by the time she was born. I still had (and do have) some very minor issues but it's so much better that I hardly notice it any more. GL!

Oh no, you poor thing!  Well, I'm hoping I don't have to have surgery, but if I do, I hope it heals quickly.

• Options

i missed your post about your injury, i am so sorry, that sounds awful, take care of yourself!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"