2nd Trimester
Options

boo...the name MH actually likes is super popular right now!

Which sucks cause I really like it too...stupid Twilight!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: boo...the name MH actually likes is super popular right now!

• Options

What's the name?

I like Esme and it's on my list, but I loved the name before Twilight.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

Yeah, what name?

Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Isabel.  Not Isabella (which is like #2 in popularity based on www.ssa.gov), but he likes the nickname Bella too....I'm just sad cause I don't want our baby to be 1 of 10 Bella's in her class.
  • Options

LOL! I was going to use Lillian Isabella for a girl's name, but luckily I once I got pg, I decided I didnt like it anymore!

As you know we have finally agreed on first names. I think that we will have Liam Robert for the boy (Robert- after his father and grandfather) We still have not decided on a middle name to go with Abigail...

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • Options
    Your baby will outlive Twilight. If you love it, use it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLuvMyBostons:
    Isabel.  Not Isabella (which is like #2 in popularity based on www.ssa.gov), but he likes the nickname Bella too....I'm just sad cause I don't want our baby to be 1 of 10 Bella's in her class.

Well, you could always use Isabelle!  It's my name and maybe slightly less popular?  I think it's so weird that the name is trendy all of a sudden since there were never any other Isabelle's when I was growing up...

• Options
    I still love Abigail, but MH is lukewarm with it.  I also like Zoey, but he def. does not like it!
  • Options
    I was actually lukewarm with Abigail at first, but now I LOVE it. I'm sure if you really like it he will warm up to it. Let me know if you come up with any good middle names for Abigail! Big Smile
  • Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:

That's true...she just wouldn't be the only Isabel in her class I think.  BTW, MH also likes Simon for a boy, it's from one of his favorite Nintendo games! 

• Options

Ug I hated that stupid book before I was even PG!!!!!!!

I picked Isabella in honor of DHs side of the family (mom and g-mom) but everyone assumes it has to do with the book!!! This irritates me soooo much, I hope the twilight junk dies soon!

• Options
    Our baby girl is going to have Belle as a middle name. We're well aware of the increase popularity, but it has nothing to do with Twilight. Honestly, it's because DH & I both loved the movie Beauty and the Beast growing up. Sad, but true!
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Simon is too cute!
  • Options

imageNavyWife1989:
    I was actually lukewarm with Abigail at first, but now I LOVE it. I'm sure if you really like it he will warm up to it. Let me know if you come up with any good middle names for Abigail! Big Smile

We are using my parents firsts names' as the middle names as a memorial.  But I like Abigail Catherine, Abigail Marie, something with two or three syllables.   

• Options
    imagearaevg:
    Our baby girl is going to have Belle as a middle name. We're well aware of the increase popularity, but it has nothing to do with Twilight. Honestly, it's because DH & I both loved the movie Beauty and the Beast growing up. Sad, but true!

I totally think of B&theB too!!  Just don't go with Lumierre!! 
  • Options
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    imagearaevg:

I totally think of B&theB too!!  Just don't go with Lumierre!! 

Deal ;-)

• Options
    imageBelleIsa:

What's the name?

I really like that name too, I think it's so sweet, but DH vetoed it... 

• Options
    imageLuvMyBostons:

imagesleepingbeauty825:

That's true...she just wouldn't be the only Isabel in her class I think.  BTW, MH also likes Simon for a boy, it's from one of his favorite Nintendo games! 

I have a relatively common name, there was always another Heather in my class. I thought it was fun to say, "Hi, Heather!" in unison with the other Heather. We (obviously) love Simon too, and hoping Simon Cowell stops being popular so I don't have to keep telling people we are not that big of American Idol fans. :)
  • Options
    imageBFab11:
    imageBelleIsa:

What's the name?

I really like that name too, I think it's so sweet, but DH vetoed it... 

Boo!

It feels like my DH is vetoing EVERYTHING these days.  It's driving me nuts!  Thankfully Esme is still on the list but he put a question mark next to it, which means he's not sure...

• Options
    imageNavyWife1989:

LOL! I was going to use Lillian Isabella for a girl's name, but luckily I once I got pg, I decided I didnt like it anymore!

As you know we have finally agreed on first names. I think that we will have Liam Robert for the boy (Robert- after his father and grandfather) We still have not decided on a middle name to go with Abigail...

• Options
    Abigail is popular right now too. I tried to stay away from popular names, but the two I've loved since high school and that DH really likes too are super popular right now--Hailey and Abby. I decided I love both names too much to care about their popularity. We decided on Abby.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageNavyWife1989:

I've always liked Abigail Paige, but couldn't use it because it's my SIL's name.

• Options

imagebakedlaurabean:
    Abigail is popular right now too. I tried to stay away from popular names, but the two I've loved since high school and that DH really likes too are super popular right now--Hailey and Abby. I decided I love both names too much to care about their popularity. We decided on Abby.

I loved Hailey before I got pregnant, but now I don't like it.  It's just funny how your tastes change.  

And this will all be a moot point if we have a boy! 

• Options

Sorry for the weird double post. My computer is acting up.

• Options
    I know how you feel. I love the name Jasper. Stupid freaking Twilight!
  • Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:

agreed

• Options
    I'm in the same fight with Twilight.  I LOVE the name Jacob, but I don't want my kid to have 5 other Jakes in his class.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

If it makes you feel any better, one of my top names is Fiona, and I liked it before Shrek. I think a movie with an ogre is worse than vampires lol.

Every name that we like is popular.

Boys: Jackson. We liked the name before we knew it was popular and before MJ died. We also liked it before MH got a job in a town called Jackson.

Girls: Isabella, Fiona, Abagail, Sophia, Emma, Ella, Madison. Yeah...us and everyone else. I also LOVE the name Harlow, but we're not sure about what people would call her for short. I also really like the name Rebekah but I don't like the name "Becky" or "Becca".

We find out the gender today...can't wait!

• Options

imageWildcatPrincess:
    I'm in the same fight with Twilight.  I LOVE the name Jacob, but I don't want my kid to have 5 other Jakes in his class.

Jacob was already a really popular name. I named my son Jacob 5 years ago and there is always another Jacob in his class. :)

• Options
    imageBashert628:

If it makes you feel any better, one of my top names is Fiona, and I liked it before Shrek. I think a movie with an ogre is worse than vampires lol.

Fiona is our top girls name right now and I told my mom and she said "like the ogre?" with a disgusted look on her face haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • Options
    imagearaevg:
    Our baby girl is going to have Belle as a middle name.
    I love the nickname Belle, too.  My almost 16 yo niece is named Isabel & I've called her Bel since she was a baby.  All her friends call her Izzy, which I'm not a fan of.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"