Infertility
Options

ginger67

My roots are cooking as I type.

I use Matrix socolor natural black and I really love the coverage.  My BFF is a hairdresser/make-up artist so I use her card to buy stuff at the professionals only beauty supply.  I actually always wanted to be a hairdresser and my mom never gave me permission in high school to take the classes - now i just play on myself and my family members (I do do make-up for weddings for my bff's business).

I used to mix my current color with darkest brown but it made my grays really brassy and red.  I've tried a couple different brands but this natural black is exactly my natural color.

What color brand do you like?

If I get BFP this friday I will be doing non-permanent b/c I hate grays and they show up so much on my dark hair.  I am about 40% gray in the front of my head (mostly right side).

What's your fav. non-permanent brand?

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: ginger67

• Options

Wow thats weird the darkest brown made you red. My favorite demi is Midway Couture by Wella, I use it more then permanent even on really grey clients. Any other semi, demi, I've tried really dosen't give great coverage. The Midway comes with its own developer, you can't use standard 10 or 20. Some of my clients that have been pregnant and dont want the color to touch their scalp, I've foiled back to back with their regular formula. This gets it really close to the scalp without touching it. You can also try using a thickener and painting it with a tailcomb as close as you can to the scalp. A demi is still going to have not so great chemical's in it but not as much as a permanent color. A true semi will not give you grey coverage.The Midway is great - if you try it it's equal developer for a good 40 minutes. If you can't find it let me know.

Oh - as long as you have access to the products - have you tried Redken Shades EQ? I love it and use it on everybody instead of pulling their color through. Its a really conditioning semi-permanent gloss You could use clear with a few caps of 1N on your ends while your color is processing.

1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm going to check if they have the midway couture by wella at my place.  I know they have wella color charm so maybe they have this one too.

I would love to say that I won't dye my hair when I am pregnant but it's just not a reality for me.  I love my hair color and hate all the greys - it makes me feel so freaken old!

It is weird about the darkest brown, I don't get it but I stopped mixing it.   My hairdresser, not BFF, even commented on it.  I bring my dye and she does my roots sometimes.

Do you add any products to color to help color stick to stubborn greys?  I use a spray prior to coloring called Power Tools - The resistant assistant. 

Thanks so much for talking shop with me :)

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If someones not getting coverage its because the color is not dark enough, not applied heavy enough, not sitting long enough or the room is too cold. A good 45 minutes will usually do the trick. If you try the brown again make sure its darkest brown, 2N not dark brown 3N. You could always try something like just adding an 1/8 of a tube to the black. GL!

1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"