Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Am I the only one who hasn't bought any Christmas presents yet?

We aren't going all out this year for DD because she doesn't know the difference.  I think we might get the FP learning home and maybe a few other small toys, but I still feel so far behind the rest of you.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Am I the only one who hasn't bought any Christmas presents yet?

• not a think.  my younger siblings are getting cash.  i'm getting a few small things for Shane.  DH and I got our plane tickets to go visit family as our christmas presents since we knew i would not be working anymore.  parents are getting framed pics of Shane.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just bought her some outfits. She'll get all the "fun" stuff from the grandparents. I stopped at a Carter's outlet 2 weekends ago and bought them otherwise I probably wouldn't have anything either.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTheFannins729:

not a think.  my younger siblings are getting cash.  i'm getting a few small things for Shane.  DH and I got our plane tickets to go visit family as our christmas presents since we knew i would not be working anymore.  parents are getting framed pics of Shane.

yeah, my siblings don't exchange and we all went in on a gc for my parents.  DH and i aren't exchanging this year either.  pretty low-key.  

oh and my heart is a puddle on the floor after seeing your siggy pic!  i love that picture of shane...he is too cute! :-) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a few small things for dd, and her stocking stuffers. We are getting her an anywhere chair, because it can grow with her, and as she gets older she will probably want to open up toys.

I am letting the grandparents do all of the toys and stuff this year.

• I admit that I have bought a lot for A this year....I can't help it (or rather, I don't want to help it! LOL)....I just never really had good Christmas's growing up and I'm bound and determined to make Christmas special for Alexander. Not saying that you need gifts to make it special...but I see something and it makes me excited that he'll get to play with this or that. KWIM? I admit, I will be simmering down the gifts as if I did this every year we'd be broke! LOL

Oh - and I'm glad I got him all the toys I did, because IL Grandma said that she didn't buy him any toys (besides the Radio Flyer wagon, which is fabulous!)....so I'm glad I wasn't "depending" on others buying him things. 

• imageTeacher Clark:
    My ILs keep saying they are going to be buying her presents and they never do, so I went ahead and bought all the toys I wanted for her.  They normally do quite a lot for other friends baby showers and holiday gifts, but so far have done next to nothing for DD.  They keep saying "oh just wait 'til..." "she's born" or "her welcome to the world party" or "thanksgiving", but nothing has happened yet.  I have been putting off buying a lot of toys for DD cuz they keep saying that they've bought her a ton of things and I finally stopped believing them, my kid needs toys ya know?!

Oh no...this is so sad. I'm sorry. Not that you expect them to buy you anything...but for them to keep telling you that they have stuff and it never shows up. Yeah...I wouldn't believe them anymore either. And yes, DD does deserve toys!

• we're giving my niece and nephews a little cash or small things. other than that we're too broke to give gifts. for our friends we're hosting a christmas party next weekend and they'll get goodie bags with cookies and candy to take home with them. that's all. DS doesn't know the difference yet, so nothing for him. my husband and i don't exchange.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"