Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Molars are the devil.........

So DD has not had a good nights sleep in going on 3 weeks now.  I am talking waking anywhere from 5-9 times a night between 7/8 to 6/7am.  I am exhausted and pretty much frustrated.  I can't tell if she is in pain when she wakes or if she's just gotten so used to me coming to comfort her that when she wakes and I'm not there she freaks.  She will NOT let my husband help her at night.  It is a full on WAR if he even walks in the room.  To that he usually just lets her get up and play in the living room.  I keep telling him that's not the answer but he does it b/c its his way of not getting frustrated.  Needless to say, I just needed to vent a tad b/c I am so tired!!

Re: Molars are the devil.........

• We had a terrible time with molars.  Have you been giving her Motrin or Tylenol?  Orajel?  Motrin and Orajel were finally the only things that got DS to sleep without screaming in pain.  GL!!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I hear you. I do. I want to smack someone sometimes because I'm so tired. 

Slather on the nighttime Orajel and offer some Motrin. That's been helping. We're down to two wakings now. 

• Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain.  We're going through the same thing.  No less than 10-15 times waking in a night for several weeks.  I have to wake up for work between 4:30 and 5, so I'm a zombie anyway, but this is killing me.  Poor DD's hands are almost raw because she keeps chewing on them (doesn't matter what kind of teething toy I give her).  Tonight was a tad bit better, so there is hope in sight.  I also can completely understand not knowing if she's in pain or if she's used to the comfort at this point.  For us, there are enough other signs of teething that I won't re-Ferberize right now, though.  Hang in there!   
  • Yep, they are!
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ughhh...molars.  They are the opitimay of everything I hate.  DS stopped being an easy baby!  He takes forever to get down, wakes up constantly...I feel so bad for him, but I feel you...it's rough!  I am so worried that we are almost done with the fourth molar and that a canine might be starting to break through!
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
  • ::nods::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"