1st Trimester
Options

MIL Vent

This is my first and I have only told immediate family. I specifically asked for them to keep quiet until me and my FDH are ready to share our news....

This morning, after 3 hours of sleep because of m/s I get on myspace to find that my FMIL posted for the world to see "So how's my grandchild?" 

It had been posted for 19 hours!!!! 

So I have all kinds of people asking why I haven't said anything, including my family. I am so angry! Especially with our first baby! I haven't even had an ultrasound yet to see if everything is okay. I feel like she stole something special from us, something we will never get back... the news of our first pregnancy. 

And all she could say was sorry I am excited....

But she is so excited that she still talks constantly to FDH

s ex wife, who left him for another man, and still refers to her as her daughter in law... They have been divorced 6 years and were only married 2. She would probably be happier if it were her kid... WTF?

Re: MIL Vent

• Options
    What a c**t.  Sorry for the use of that word, but I think that's the word that best describes her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG! what a biatch!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this!! I would be very upset too! I know she's very excited, but it's very inconsiderate.
  • Options
    WOOOW! That;s totally ridiculous! Did DH talk to her about it?
  • Options
    Wow, I give you credit for handling it as well as you have.  If it were me, she would have gotten a serious earfull and I probably wouldnt speak to her for a long, long time.
  • Options

Wow, I don't blame you for being upset... your DH needs to set her straight. 

And now you know... don't tell her anything else (like the gender, the name, etc.) 

• Options
    Wow, what a moron. ?I hate MILs like that who claim to have NO idea the kind of trouble they are causing. ?(I might have some experience with my own MIL in that area. :)) ?And I agree with Butterbean52. ?She has made it obvious that you can't tell her anything you wish to be kept private from now on. ?I'm so sorry she has taken away something so special to you. ?It really sucks and I feel your pain!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone in my feelings. I was starting to wonder if I was just being hormonal because DH pretty much blew it off. I don't plan on telling her anything else about it. She is one of those MILs who assume that she will be present. I already told my mom I want her to be there... so DH was like my mom wants to be too... "and it's only fair..." I wanted to hit him. I know it's still a long time but I don't even want her at the hospital.
  • Options

sorry girl, that's awful!! we are also trying to keep the secret but told immediate family. at thanksgiving we told them and specifically said don't tell ANYONE else. on our way out the door, she says , for everyone to hear, "thanks for sharing the news" WTF. good thing the extended IL's are so dense they didnt get it!!

• Options
    imagebabymama863:

sorry girl, that's awful!! we are also trying to keep the secret but told immediate family. at thanksgiving we told them and specifically said don't tell ANYONE else. on our way out the door, she says , for everyone to hear, "thanks for sharing the news" WTF. good thing the extended IL's are so dense they didnt get it!!

I'm sorry about your ILs too. It's kind of nice to know I'm not alone.

• Options

I'm sorry about this. I know that as soon as I tell my immediate family, the entire world will know. Even if we ask them not to tell anyone, word will get out. That's the way my family is.

When my sister was pregnant with her first, she told our parents. Then I randomly called them before my sister had a chance to tell me. Merely by my mom's voice I knew my sister was pregnant. There was no mistaking the excitement in my mom's voice. That's why we aren't telling until we are ready for everyone to know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow...what a bummer, that's really awful.  I can understand when folks get excited and spill the beans to friends or family, but to post something on your facebook page?  That seems to deliberate!?!  I think you're completely justified in being upset and may want to have a serious talk with her (probably w/DH's help) about how hurt you were. 

Who knows?  Maybe this can even be an opportunity to clear the air a bit. Or it might just be a warning to keep your distance... 

Either way, I'm sorry... 

• Options

Oh dear! I would be so furious! She did steal that moment from you and you are totally right to be upset. When we told my MIL she said wanted to be the one to tell DH's whole family. I was like "are you kidding me!? this is our news!"

I'm so sorry she ruined your moment. If it were my MIL I wouldn't tell her anything else pregnancy-related. She would be the last to know. Seriously.

• Options
    imageStephanieDM:

Oh dear! I would be so furious! She did steal that moment from you and you are totally right to be upset. When we told my MIL she said wanted to be the one to tell DH's whole family. I was like "are you kidding me!? this is our news!"

I'm so sorry she ruined your moment. If it were my MIL I wouldn't tell her anything else pregnancy-related. She would be the last to know. Seriously.

I don't really understand what makes MILs feel so entitled to do things. I can't believe she wanted to tell his whole family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"