Austin Babies
Options

? re: birthplans

So when did you have the discussion with your ob on what you wanted to do when it came to giving birth? Also, I know it's unlikely that I will have my doctor deliver our baby and it will end up being whichever doctor is on call. So do they review your chart and stuff to determine what you had discussed with your primary OB? If you didn't deliver with your primary ob did the on call doc pretty much follow your plan or were did they kind of just disregard what you wanted? I'm just a bit nervous that we'll have a doctor who just won't listen.

Re: ? re: birthplans

• Options
    My OB delivered my baby so I did not have this problem. I think having a birthplan and going over it with the nurses when you check in helps. I had a friend who did feel like the on call Dr wasn't really in tune with what she wanted. I suppose that is just what can happen and having your plan written down and making sure the nurses know is all you can do in addition to telling the on call doc. Just don't be afraid to stick up for what you want and voice your opinion, it's your body!
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options

I spoke with my Ob at about 34 weeks or so. They asked me to keep it to one pages so it was easy to read. I can send you a copy if you would like. When I took the birth plan in they looked it over and we discussed it and they took a copy and put it in my file. 

I was at a multi doctor practice so they kinda had the same ideas as fas as the delivery methods. My ob was not there for delivery but the other doctor was a where of what we wanted put it went out the window when LO was in distress.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't worry much about a birth plan because I knew I wanted the epi and I was going to play it by ear as far as when I wanted it. I just told the nurse when I got to the hospital that I was going to want the epi and they asked when they came in to check on things if I wanted it yet. I didn't see an ob until 10 minutes before DD was born.
  • Options

Ditto bobcatsteph.  My birth plan was: go to hospital.  have baby.

• Options
    pretty much ditto pps MrsMillerTime and bobcatsteph...except my ob checked on me regularly and was there for delivery since I was being monitored already for the pre-e
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"