Stay at Home Moms
Options

Big purchase-wwyd?

After weeks of research and waiting for Windows 7 to finally come out, I have picked a laptop. It's exactly what I need.  The only problem is that it is ONLY sold at Best Buy and in the last 2 weeks they have raised the price *twice*.  I have been waiting for a sale or a bundled deal on it and instead the price is going up. Sad

We are currently waiting for some customers to pay us so we really shouldn't spend the money right now.  However, I'm afraid if we wait much longer we'll wind up paying even more. I guess they price match so if it goes on sale in the 2 weeks after we buy it they'll give us the difference back.

Wwyd?  Buy it before the next price hike or hang on waiting for a sale that may never come?

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Big purchase-wwyd?

• Options
    I'd wait.  There is a chance that it could still go on sale and since you said that you shouldn't buy right now because you are waiting to get paid by someone I think that is your answer.  Once you do get paid if there is still no sale and you can afford it I'd go for it.  But, generally as Christmas gets closer or especially at the after Christmas sales you can get some good deals. 
  • Options
    Wait- especially until AFTER christmas if you can.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd wait until after Christmas. The price will probably drop then.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

DH also said that we should wait until after Christmas...my only concern with that is whether or not it's still available.  I don't know who is doing it, but someone with Sony or Best Buy has been having a horrible habit of pulling awesome laptops after only a few months:(  I don't know why and they won't tell you if it'll happen, you know?  Sony doesn't even sell it on it's site.  This happened with the last laptop I had picked out...when they pulled that one we decided to wait for Windows 7. 

::sigh:: This is frustrating.  I don't want to pay anymore than it already is and I would love it if it went down after Christmas, just not sure if they'd still carry it.  Confused

• Options
    daisy- if you want- PM a message and let me know what kind of laptop you are looking into- and i will have DH investigate-
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wait! The results from Black Friday should come out tomorrow, if sales were down they will start dropping prices on everything.
  • Options
    Ebay maybe?
  • Options
    I think it also depends if you NEED it now or just want it now.  If you don't have a computer and need it to help run the household, do side work, etc then just bite the bullet and get it now.  If it's just something you want to have now I'd wait it out.
  • Options

Well, after a couple of phone calls, we went ahead and ordered it.  Due to supply and demand, the white one was more expensive (by $20) so we went with red.  It's backordered online, but we should have it by Christmas.  We also get free shipping and I had some reward points to use towards it.

The lady I talked to said they may carry this model for a couple more weeks yet, or possibly a couple months.  She said they don't get any warning, one day they have them the next they don't (like what happened with the last laptop I picked out).  She said they have been cycling out pretty quickly and it all depends on the brand.  The guy DH talked to said the price may still go up, but he didn't foresee the price going down after Christmas given how popular it is. That was the deciding point for us.  I would have liked to get a deal on it, but I'll settle for not paying even more than it already is.  According to the reviews it was a steal at that price anyway.

It wouldn't be our primary computer, but I'll be using it for transferring videos from our Handycam to discs and DH and I will use it for catching up on shows we miss and watch when the kids are in bed.  DD#1 has also been using this computer for homework and working on her yearbook pages.  Plus the idea of being able to balance the checkbooks from the kitchen table just makes me giddy;)

Thanks for the advice ladies!  It was a frustrating search, but I'm glad it's done and I'm so looking forward to ditching this silly Vista crap, lol.

• Options

imageStacyc625:
    daisy- if you want- PM a message and let me know what kind of laptop you are looking into- and i will have DH investigate-

We actually ordered it a couple hours after my last post, but thank you so much for the offer!  Smile

• Options
    Most of the time they up the regular price so so they can put it on a better "sale". Hopefully that's what is happening!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"