Breastfeeding
Options

warm breasts

After I feed my little guy (3 wks old) my breasts are really warm all over. It isn't isolated anywhere and I don't see any signs of thrush in his mouth, but it's really uncomfortable. Is this normal? Ice packs relieve the discomfort when they're on, but the heat comes back immediately when I take the ice off.Thanks for your help.

Re: warm breasts

• Options

Are you engorged?  Mine are still warm sometimes, but they were all the time at the start.

If they are really full, hand express or pump a little to relieve the pressure.  By a little, I mean less than an ounce, too much will just cause you to over produce and make the problem worse.  Cabbage leave in your bra are also supposed to help.

It doesn't sound like thrush. Thrush is itchy and "shooty".

• Options
    That sounds like when I was still engorged, it's uncomfortable but it should be over soon. It doesn't sound like thrush, when I had thrush it was more of a burning inside my breast and on my nipple when he was done eating. GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"