Babies: 0 - 3 Months

XP: I need ideas...NBR

Ok ladies I need some ideas for my DH...he is an owner operator and is only home one day a week so he misses out on a lot of family time, and its really started to take a toll on him and he is very upset about it however this is his job and this is how we pay the bills considering I'm a SAHM (which I'm very greatful for). What are some things that I could do to make him feel closer to us. We talk daily, several times a day but I just don't think its enough anymore. Before Austin was born and when joce wasn't in school we would go ride with him but its just not really an option with a newborn..so I'm looking for some ideas..TIA

Re: XP: I need ideas...NBR

• My hubby is overseas and we do a Daddys daily smile for him.. He loves it!  Could you make his lunch and put a note in it???
  • Does he have access to a computer..what about getting a webcam & setting up dates?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBugLuv:
    My hubby is overseas and we do a Daddys daily smile for him.. He loves it!  Could you make his lunch and put a note in it???

no he is only home one day a week....so there is no making a lunch for him expect for when he is home, How do you do daily smiles? just take pics and email  them?

• imagekmf143:
    Does he have access to a computer..what about getting a webcam & setting up dates?

He does have a computer, however neither one of us have webcams, and he schedule varies on when he would be able to do something like that but it may be something to look into..Thanks

• imageBlueyedgrl:

imagekmf143:
    Does he have access to a computer..what about getting a webcam & setting up dates?

He does have a computer, however neither one of us have webcams, and he schedule varies on when he would be able to do something like that but it may be something to look into..Thanks

I would really look into it. What better way to stay close to his kids then get to hear & see them? If his schedule doesn't work out when the kids are awake you & him could still "meet up"!

• imagekmf143:
    imageBlueyedgrl:

imagekmf143:

I would really look into it. What better way to stay close to his kids then get to hear & see them? If his schedule doesn't work out when the kids are awake you & him could still "meet up"!

So very true...we have a video camera and i have been taking some videos and he was watching when he came home but it just isn't cutting it. I feel terrible that he can't be here but its just how things are right now and we have to get through it I just want to try and make it a little easier

• We have the flip mino hd video camera and it makes it super easy to send video's via e-mail!  It's not super expensive either, I think around $100.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"