2nd Trimester

Water Aerobics

Tonight I went to water aerobics class with my MIL and it was a lot of fun...until my back started aching terribly about an hour ago :( Anyone else do water aerobics? How often do you do it? We have classes twice a week and idk if thats too much. It's not a prenatal water aerobics class, just normal. 

Re: Water Aerobics

• I teach prenatal aqua and have a few tips. First, make sure you are always pulling your baby in close to your body (pulling your belly button in). Having a weak core will allow baby to pull your weight forward and increase back pain.

Also, a regular water class may be very high impact. If it is too much for you, try to keep one foot always on the ground and avoid all the impact and bouncing. Even though it is in the water, it is still impactful and can be tough on the joints.

Also, always be sure that your heels are touching the ground, no running/exercising on your toes- thats a quick way to get calf cramps.

Most important- did you talk to the instructor before class and let him/her know you are pregnant? if not, do it before next class. They should be able to give you modifications to make class safe and comfy for you.

Have fun and LMK if I can help with other questions :)

• Thanks so much! yeah i talked to the instructor, she said not to do side movements, so whenever they were moving side to side i just did front to back. I see my dr on monday so i'm going to get her input as well. Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"