High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

movies on monified bedrest

We live 5 min from the movie theater. I really need to get out of the house. I was put on modified bedrest and told just dont walk around to much. get up if i need to. I am dying to go see a movie! If il be sitting the whole time. is it really a big deal???????

Re: movies on monified bedrest

• Options
    sorry, didnt mean to post twice.
  • Options
    Maybe you could see if the theater has wheelchairs for you to use while you're there. If they didn't, I definitely wouldn't go. If they did, I would go.... though I'm not sure that it is a smart idea. Maybe I'll say I'd WANT to go, but I'll wait for other responses. Haha...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it all depends what you're on bedrest for.  So I would ask your dr.  If you're on bedrest for high bp, I wouldn't go. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options
    I am on bedrest (supposed to be full, not modified) and I went to dinner and a movie last night for mine and DH's 6 month anniversary.  I am on bedrest for multiple episodes of bleeding.  My dr used to let me off if I went one week without any bleeding, but he has a 3 strikes your out rule and my strikes are up.  I haven't had any bleeding in over 2 wks now and I had a fetal fibronectin test that came back negative, but he still says bedrest until the baby gets here.  I cheat a little now and then though.  I'm ok with it, but of course I can't recommend it for anyone else because it depends on your situation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd ask your doctor - some doctors have a 1 outing/week rule for modified bedrest where you can go to dinner and a movie or something.
  • Options

When I was on modified bedrest that just meant that I could take a shower/bath when I wanted and still work.  Granted my modified bedrest only lasted 2 weeks before I was in the hospital.

I would wait and ask your doctor.  It really depends on why you are on bedrest.  Like the PP said if it is for BP then I would say you should go.  But it is totally up to you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I noticed that you are in IL.  If in the Chicagoland area, rent movies from redbox. 

Don't know anything about bedrest but I would check with doctor and try to follow his/her directions. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"