Trying to Get Pregnant

The Money Monster :rrrooaaarrr:

So while DW was very excited that todays baseline scan went to well she brought up to me that she cant help but feel like none of this needs to be done " Its not that you CANT have babies, its that I dont have a penis!" Is what she tells me. She knew it was going to be expensive but I think she feels like all of this is unnecessary. Any advise? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Money Monster :rrrooaaarrr:

• hmmm....have you asked her what she thinks the alternative is?  I mean, if you want a partially biological child the sperm has to come from somewhere, and adopting is certainly not a cheap option either.

It sounds to me like she is just trying to work some frustration out, which is understandable, this process isn't easy no matter what your situation.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• *hides under the covers* I'm a-skerred of the monster :) Try to think that all the expenses will be worth it in the end! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • She wonders why all the med's are critical. She thinks that we can just go in and they will shoot swimmers in me and then ::poof:: ill be KU. I let her vent and dont try to right her wrongs and then I rub her back and she is usually fine. 

• Honestly, I don't really have any advice for you, but I'm sorry that your DW is feeling down about things. Every couple has different fears, challenges, etc and you are in a somewhat unique position due to the lack of a penis :) However, it seems like the things you're having done are necessary for you to conceive and be able to have children with DW. I wonder if part of it is just nerves being expressed as frustration (which I think is totally normal - being nervous).

In any event, hopefully in the end it will all be worth it for your beautiful LO and it sounds like you will both be great parents!

• imagemsjcordova:

She wonders why all the med's are critical. She thinks that we can just go in and they will shoot swimmers in me and then ::poof:: ill be KU.

Maybe let her ask the doc about success rates.  Buying so many vials of sperm month after month can get expensive, I'm sure!  The meds and ultrasounds are a way to maximize your chances. 

• imagesulfababy:
    imagemsjcordova:

She wonders why all the med's are critical. She thinks that we can just go in and they will shoot swimmers in me and then ::poof:: ill be KU.

Maybe let her ask the doc about success rates.  Buying so many vials of sperm month after month can get expensive, I'm sure!  The meds and ultrasounds are a way to maximize your chances. 

Good Idea!

• Ouch, that's a crappy situation to be in. My DW and I had many long talks about getting pregnant/ buying sperm and other options. We ended up finding an awesome sperm donor for AI but skipping the clinic. Hope it works out for you! Lots of baby dust!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"