Parenting
Options

One star worthy confession

Let me preface this by saying, I GIVE gifts for Christmas to do just that, GIVE.

That being said, I can not help but think to myself that we get the "less GOT" end of the stick each year.

We spend a lot of $$, and, while I KNOW that isnt what Christmas is about, we do not GET $$ in return. And, this is really not a vent but an observation. But, I still feel rather guilty for allowing this to enter my mind. But yet, each year, it does.

Flame away, I can take it.

Re: One star worthy confession

• Options

Unfortunately, I know what you mean. This is how it was forever in my family, I spent tons of $$ on the kids in the family and it wasn't returned. I always just thought, it will be when I have kids. It wasn't..?

This year, we don't have the $$ to spend, so it will be a lot different this year. I'm worried about it, but I shouldn't be! ?

• Options
    I know what you mean. I could care less about the gift, but I would love a little thought to go into it. I would love to have something that I would be excited about.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you spend that much because it really makes you happy, or because you're trying to live up to the "standard" you've already set?  Or maybe a little of both?  It's hard not to feel resentful if you're going way above and beyond in any way, and it's not being reciprocated.  There'd be nothing wrong with scaling back if you wanted to!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"