TTC After a Loss
Options

**MLM**

Need your opinion

- I have been doing bootcamp type workouts 2X per week (i skipped today since I had an instinct!) - the Dr./RE says to keep doing what I am doing - I am thinking that's too much?!  Think I should scale it back?  Trust my gutt?  Or am I being paranoid & trust the RE??

Re: **MLM**

• Options

I'm certainly no expert - but I would a) trust RE/MD and b) your gut. I know during my 2 pgs the docs all said to keep doing what I was doing exercise wise so long as it felt right, and to scale back a lot of weights (not that I did a lot) and don't go crazy on cardio (just do lower impact).

If I were to get KTFU and were still doing this bootcamp, I would still do it, but would scale back on the jumping (she does a lot of jumping that just makes my heart go crazy) and some of the abs. 

totally ask your doc though! 

(and wooohooo again!)

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options

::::butting in::::

My RE does not restrict exercise, in fact, he recommends it.  There are certain things you should avoid while pregnant, which includes any really heavy lifting, or extreme core work.  But other than that, what you've been doing is probably fine.  Your body will tell you when a)you've done too much, b) when you need to start cutting back

As a doula, I usually recommend to my clients that they keep up their workouts as much as possible.  The more you keep up, the easier it is to get back into it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Coolio ~  thanks ladies!!  I'll keep at it.  I am scheduled to run a 5K next weekend - maybe I'll keep that on the schedule too!

Thanks for everything gals! 

• Options
    imageL2theC42:

Coolio ~  thanks ladies!!  I'll keep at it.  I am scheduled to run a 5K next weekend - maybe I'll keep that on the schedule too!

Again, if you're a runner, and you're used to running, it's fine.  If this is something new, and you've never run 5k before.. I wouldn't start now.  And wouldn't run a marathon either.  However, if you're a runner already, should be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageACM1616:
    imageL2theC42:

Again, if you're a runner, and you're used to running, it's fine.  If this is something new, and you've never run 5k before.. I wouldn't start now.  And wouldn't run a marathon either.  However, if you're a runner already, should be fine.

I wish I could call myself a runner...  hardly..... BUT I have been running a 5K per month of late.  This year has reeked havoc on my body - I have put on & am holding weight - I've been trying to combat it by stepping up my workouts..  to no avail :(   

• Options
    I did 5k during my first pg - and I just went with how I felt (I'm not a "runner" - more like a loper)  - and honestly it felt good. hardest part was no beer as the reward after (ha!)
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"