1st Trimester
Options

Yay for modern technology!

I heard my baby's heartbeat tonight at home with my new doppler!

Re: Yay for modern technology!

• Options
    yay! question...did you hear it first at the Dr.'s and then decide to do one at home?  what made you decide to get one for home? are they expensive? TIA!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

*Another gal on here influenced me with what brand to get, with shipping it was around $70.00.  It was Sonotrax-B.

*I decided to get one for home b/c I wanted the reassurance it gives me.   Peace of mind is priceless.  However, I definitely plan on using it sparingly, maybe once a week?

*I have NOT heard it at the doctor's office, but I have had two ultrasounds.  I'll be going to the doctor's this week, just received it before my appointment and couldn't wait to try any longer!

I don't want to become obsessed with this thing, but especially in the early months it's easy to feel like you are not pregnant...  I've waited the 12 weeks to try (so I wouldn't go crazy if I couldn't find the heartbeat), and I found it right away.  Best sound I've ever heard!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I would love to have one but I don't think Dh would go for it.
  • Options

My DH was scared I'd be obsessed with it...but honestly, what can it hurt?  It's been proven safe, just don't overuse it.

• Options
    We're seriously considering getting one. Mainly for the reassurance and because we think it'd be cool to hear the heart beat at home. It's great you found it so easily!!! That's awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"