Parenting

Vent: I'll be a hunting widow all week

DH has family who come up every year to deer hunt for the first week of rifle season.  I really like the folks who come up, but they are gone all day, every day--with my FIL.  If I want to see the family from FL, I have to also see FIL.  Totally spoils it for me.  By the end of the week, I start feeling pretty resentful that DH has been gone so much and just comes home to crash.  I should be used to it and just deal, but hunting is such a huge time suck all winter long.  (I must admit, my DH doesn't let it take so much of his time now that he's out from under FIL's thumb).  Anyway, just a vent.  :)

Re: Vent: I'll be a hunting widow all week

• Story of my life.   I am a hunting widow as well.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I hear ya. Its all DH thinks about anymore!

Angie ~ mom to Tyler (10yrs) & Taryn (5yrs)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Plan some fun stuff to do this week for you and your DD. When DH is out of town skiing, I always do this and I feel less bitter about it.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • imageRebekah1021:

Plan some fun stuff to do this week for you and your DD. When DH is out of town skiing, I always do this and I feel less bitter about it.

I wish I could.  However, I have two weeks before the semester ends and have to get a s-ton of stuff done.  I'll be taking care of my niece on Wed., so that will help some, but otherwise, I'm chained to the laptop. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"