Babies: 0 - 3 Months

exclusive breast pumpers... need help!

i would like to pump only... and ive started, but my supply seems to be decreasing. anything i should know? any advice? is it actually possible to do this? please help!

Re: exclusive breast pumpers... need help!

• ugh the pumping and breastfeeding has been my nemesis!!! My only advice is what I've been told but it hasn't really helped me, maybe it will for you.

You have to pump literally around the clock every 3 hours including the middle of the night to increase your brains concept of "supply and demand".

Try Fenugreek or other "More Milk" "Mothers Milk" type herbal supplements.

Take Reglan (prescription but beware of the depression, see my other post on PSA for moms)

Eat Oatmeal, lots of oatmeal.

That's all I've got! GL!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Actually, you don't necessarily have to pump around the clock.  It all depends on your body and its ability to make breast milk.  I pump 5 times a day (6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 10pm) and get b/n 40-50 oz with 7-10 per session.  Honestly, I am just blessed with super boobs and don't do anything out of the ordinary. 

When I had DS, I did the pumping every 2-3 hours around the clock, ate oatmeal and drank tons of water and ended up with about the same amount of milk as I do now.  So, I don't know if any of that actually helped me or not but I was beyond exhausted and gave it up after only 5 wks.  This go around it is a billion times easier b/c I don't pump all that often and the stress is not there so I will probably be able to go much longer than I did last time.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I seem to have crappy milk supply so for I have not been able to exclusively pump as I had hoped.  I know people do it with success, I just haven't figured out how. 
  • PUMPPUMPPUMP!

I exclusively pumped for almost 8 weeks. (Now he is back on the boob).

Pump every single time Lo eats. During the night I would pump when he ate a bottle, during the day starting around 6a.m.(or when LO got up) I would start pumping every 2 hours to get my supply up. Pump for atleast 15 minutes. (Even if there isn't any milk coming out) It is all about supply and demand! You pump and it will trigger you to make more milk, just like if LO was eating straight from the breast.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"