Pregnant after a Loss

Partial molar?

I've posted this on TTC & mc/pl already, so sorry if you're reading again...

My dr said they saw some placental abnormalities on the sono where they found out my baby had passed.  She said this could mean a partial molar.  Have any of you been through this?  How long did you have to wait to TTC again?  TIA for sharing your experiences with me.

Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Partial molar?

• First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a partial molar pregnancy last June.  We were initially told one year, but since my levels went down fairly quickly and stayed down, they cleared us after 6 months. If you have any questions or want to hear my full story feel free to PM me.

• I had a partial molar last year. I had to wait 6 months from the month that my levels were less than 5 to try again. At first I had weekly blood draws until my levels were less than 5, then it went to monthly. I actually saw the u/s they did during my second er visit (first er said it was a m/c), and i could actually see all of the "moles" growing from the placenta. I had my d&c done, and they tested the tissues and that is how they found out for sure that it was a pmp.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a partial molar pregnancy...I don't know if this is too late for you to see it, but it was in March of 2009.  I had to wait for my numbers to get to zero (less than 5 for me), then have three weeks' draw at zero and three monthly draws at zero, then we could TTC again.  It ended up being something like 5.5 months from the D&C.

Feel free to write me here or email me:  catchthetradewinds at gmail.  Good luck - it is a very tough experience.

• I had a full molar and had to wait 1 year before TTC after my levels went back down to 0. ?PM me if you have any questions or want more details.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"