Austin Babies

How often do you pick up the toys?

Just wondering how often other mom/dad's clean up and put the toys away.

[Poll]

Re: How often do you pick up the toys?

• Funny you mention this- when my mom was here a few weeks ago, the second DS left the playroom she had everything picked up.  He'd come back like "where the hell are my toys?"  He was so excited when they showed back up after she left!  LOL!!  DH and I were like "why bother?  he doesn't get to play with them when she puts them away!"

So I voted for the option only when the mess warrants a clean up.  We also straighten it up when company comes over.

• Now that Abby is old enough to "play" with toys in the general sense they were intended, I try to clean them up (with her help!!) before nap and bedtime. I also try to straighten up if we're going upstairs or back downstairs. I feel it's important to keep "like" toys together so she will play with blocks, then her bugs and then the piggy with the coins. KWIM? If half the coins are under the coffee table and the bugs are mixed in with some of the play food, I feel like that doesn't allow her to see their relationship to one another. I feel strongly that she's better able to organize her thoughts if they're together. I might also be a tad OCD but I think it benefits both of us ;)

I also keep the amount of her toys to a minimum. I only have about 1/2 - 1/3 of them out right now. The rest are in a box upstairs. I trade them out every month or so. If I had out ALL of her toys, I'd never clean them all up and my head would explode.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I try to do it once a day before DH comes home from work. I make DD help. She is good about putting stuff away, but you have to stay on top of her. She needs lots of reminders about where stuff goes and what I want her to put away.
  • I put them away every night.  Sometimes I'll do some spiffing up during the day if we're on the carpet and it's littered w/ toys and I think the boys need some room to crawl or sit.
  • Kate only has like 3 toys that she plays with so they stay pretty picked up.  :)  If we have other kids over (nieces and nephews) I clean up after they leave.  It drives me nuts to have her room be a mess.  The rest of the house, however, is a sty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto most of what Taytee said.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Daily, or else I would have to move--too many toys can get out of control real fast!!
  • I'm with Bride.  If they're all put away, how do you know what you want to play with?  :)  I'm a "if my head is going to explode from the mess" or if company is coming kind of girl when it comes to toys.  DH is a daily picker-upper but sometimes he doesn't get home until really late and just showers and goes to bed.  I'm constantly cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms though.  DC's bedrooms are always really clean though because we don't keep toys in them.  The rest of the house is apparently a giant playroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"