Baby Names

Need some opinions on two names!

Okay so I just found that we are expecting twins! Of course, since I am only 6 weeks, we do not know the gender of the little ones yet but we will find out soon! I have came up with two different names for each gender. Please let me know what you all think. Big Smile

BOYS

Ashtyn Shane Kennedy

Landon Colton Grant

GIRLS

Caroline Gracie Nevaeh

Ashlynn Gabriella Faith

Re: Need some opinions on two names!

• First of all, congrats on the twins!!

Are you definitely going to give each one two middle names? Are they family names? Unless there's a reason (family tradition, etc.) I tend to think that's overdoing it. 

I like your boy names, though I would spell Ashtyn as Ashton... with a "y" it looks like a girls name to me for some reason. 

I like your second girls name, but your first, I don't like Gracie (sounds too nick-namey for an official name) Grace would be fine though. And I just flat out don't like the Nevaeh trend. But that's just me. 

Also, if you have BG twins, don't do Ashtyn and Ashlynn. Way to matchy-matchy. 

Mr. & Mrs. B, Est. 10.23.2009
    m/c: 9/06/12
    LTB: 10/23/13
    Baby B 2.0 EDD: 3/15/16

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like Caroline and Landon, but not Nevaeh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • First of all, get rid of Nevaeh. Do you realize that everyone makes fun of this name? Kind of like Kate Gosselin's haircut.

Secondly, it's spelled Ashton. Spelling it Ashtyn is girly and makes you look illiterate. 

Otherwise, all of the names are very nice.

• imageshopgirl_07:

Do you realize that everyone makes fun of this name? Kind of like Kate Gosselin's haircut.

LOL

Mr. & Mrs. B, Est. 10.23.2009
    m/c: 9/06/12
    LTB: 10/23/13
    Baby B 2.0 EDD: 3/15/16

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageshopgirl_07:

First of all, get rid of Nevaeh. Do you realize that everyone makes fun of this name? Kind of like Kate Gosselin's haircut.

Secondly, it's spelled Ashton. Spelling it Ashtyn is girly and makes you look illiterate. 

Otherwise, all of the names are very nice.

Please don't spell it Ashtyn if you use it.  Otherwise they're nice names (except Neveah)

• imageKatieintheCity:

First of all, congrats on the twins!!

Are you definitely going to give each one two middle names? Are they family names? Unless there's a reason (family tradition, etc.) I tend to think that's overdoing it. 

I like your boy names, though I would spell Ashtyn as Ashton... with a "y" it looks like a girls name to me for some reason. 

I like your second girls name, but your first, I don't like Gracie (sounds too nick-namey for an official name) Grace would be fine though. And I just flat out don't like the Nevaeh trend. But that's just me. 

Also, if you have BG twins, don't do Ashtyn and Ashlynn. Way to matchy-matchy. 

I was gonna highlight what I agreed with in this post until I realized I'd be highlighting everything. LOL.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Do not like - Ashtyn, Gracie, Neveah, or Ashlynn

Do like Kennedy, Colton, Caroline and Faith

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not crazy about Ashton as it is, but I really dislike it with a y. Not a big fan of Shane, either. I like Grant, and Landon and Colton are NMS personally but are fine names.

Girls, I like Caroline and Gabriella. Gracie is OK, too. Nevaeh is really horrible. And I don't like Ashlynn. 

• imagearmylt2016:

Okay so I just found that we are expecting twins! Of course, since I am only 6 weeks, we do not know the gender of the little ones yet but we will find out soon! I have came up with two different names for each gender. Please let me know what you all think. Big Smile

BOYS

Ashtyn Shane Kennedy

Landon Colton Grant

GIRLS

Caroline Gracie Nevaeh

Ashlynn Gabriella Faith

Ashton is OK.  Ashtyn just looks silly and misspelled.  If you're going to use this name, please spell it Ashton.

Ashlynn is OK too -- I wouldn't use it, but it's not bad.  But if you are expecting boy/girl twins, don't use both Ashton and Ashlynn, because that would be way too "matchy."

Grace would be OK as a middle name, but Gracie sounds too nickname-ish. 

As far as Nevaeh goes, PP said it best -- this is a name that a lot of people make fun of, and you will want to take it into consideration. 

In general, I think these names are pretty long.  Is there a reason that you want two MNs? 

• Ashtyn Shane Kennedy -Like Ashton(spelled this way) Shane. . not a big fan of Kennedy

Landon Colton Grant- I would drop Colton. . Landon Grant is nice though.

Caroline Gracie Nevaeh -i would like Caroline Grace better. . not a fan of Nevaeh

Ashlynn Gabriella Faith- I woould either go with Ashlynn Gabriella OR Ashlynn Faith. . . not all three together

• If you really want two middle names, go for it but I think these sound better (I did not like your double "on" sound with LanDON ColTON so these are some alternatives:

Landon Shane

Colton Grant

Ashton Kennedy

for girls: 

I like Caroline Faith and Ashlynn Grace better BUT Ashlynn seems trendy to me while Caroline is classic....I think your boys names go together well but not so much your girls names. Just my two cents :) 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Ditto many of the others:

Please use Ashton.  Spelling it Ashtyn just makes it looked misspelled.  No- using a "y" does NOT make your baby "special" or "uneek". 

Gracie seems young.  Grace is nicer.

Why the 3 names, though?

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I love Caroline. Landon is ok. I don't care for the other names.
  • imageshopgirl_07:

First of all, get rid of Nevaeh. Do you realize that everyone makes fun of this name? 

Honestly, I have never heard anyone make fun of this name except on here.  Granted, this name isn't popular where I am, but it's my husbands favorite name for a girl, so it's one of our options and I could care less what other people think because we will name our baby what we want and people will just have to live with it.  Plus, in this situation it's a middle name and the second one at that, so in all reality she won't be using that name all that much anyway.

For the original question - I personally think all of the names are nice and wouldn't change any of them except for the spelling of Ashton because the y does tend to make it look feminine....

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• I dislike the spelling of Ashtyn-very girly. I'd stick with Ashton, even though the name itself is NMS. I love Shane as a mn. Not a fan of Landon Colton Grant.

For your girl names I like Caroline. Gracie is too little-girly for my taste and I don't like Nevaeh AT ALL. I like Faith as a mn, but I don't like Ashlynn or Gabriella.

Congrats on your twins! How exciting!

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Like: Ashton (but using a 'y' definitely makes it look girly and dumb), Kennedy, Landon.

Caroline, Grace (Gracie is ok as a nickname), Gabriella.

Dislike: Shane, Colton, Grant, and Faith.

Hate: Ashlynn and Nevaeh (avoid this at all costs!)?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Overall I like the names. First I have to agree with someone who advised against Ashtyn/Ashlynn for BG twins. Too matchy for me too. :) Secondly, I know people put a lot of thought into how they'd like to spell their LO's names, but I really don't like "Ashtyn" for a boy. a.) typically I prefer traditional (easier to spell) names  and b.) IMO, Ys look more feminine, in fact lots of names use the y to distiguish between a male and female name- Alex/Alyx, Jordan/Jordyn, Grayson/Gracyn, etc. That said, I do like Ashton. I like Shave and Kennedy as well. But, I LOVE Landon, Colton and Grant. :) The "-ons" get a little tangled up when I say it, so depending on you last name you could break it up with Grant? Landon Grant Colton? Not sure. It's a nice name, just a bit of a tongue twister for me. I love Caroline, Gracie, Gabriella and Faith. Ashlynn and Neveah are ok, just a little more "trendy/dated" rather than "classic" like I see the other names. Congrats on your twins though, how exciting! :D Your names are all nice. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually like all your names, except ashton w/ a 'y' looks girly to me.

Gracie is really popular right now though..so if you don't like trendy names i'd scratch this one off the list.

And i know alot of ppl hate Nevaeh, i think b/c it's newly "made up"..but every name started somewhere so i don't get the bad rep it has, i like it alot..

So don't let ppl discourage you if you really love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"