Austin Babies
Options

pity party, table for 1 (whiney vent)

So, DH's office party is this friday. I've known that for a while. I kept asking jon what time it was so that we could arrange for a sitter. I'm not sure why, but i just assumed that it would be around 7-7:30ish. I guess I thought they would give folks time to go home, get ready, etc.

Nope. Just got word that the party is at 5:00. They are all leaving work early to head downtown to a wine bar. The company is proving cab rides home to everyone so they can enjoy their night. 

DH just IMed me to let me know the great news (wine + free cab ride home), but at 5:00, I just can't do it. I would need to leave the house by 4:30 to catch the van from their office to the party location and Jack and Tommy's witching our starts ~ 5 and can last (easily) until one or both of them are in bed. Uugh. 

I asked Jon to let them know it would be just him and when he told his boss, she let Jon know that the company would pay for our sitter. I just can't do that to my favorite baby sitter in the whole wide world. I'm afraid she would talk nestie trash about my boys Embarrassed

The funny part... I don't even like wine. Whine, on the other hand, I love. 

Re: pity party, table for 1 (whiney vent)

• Options
    Pick another sitter and get. out. of the house.  It's not about the wine, it's about breathing and relishing your husbands health/ your happiness, blah blah blah.  Besides, cab rides home can be totally hot.  ;)
  • Options

imageMrsRosie:
    Dude, do it!  Free sitter?  Wine?  Cab?  Your sitter will understand.

I'd totally take advantage of this.  They must really want you to attend the party. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go a little late.  What time can your sitter be there?  Surely someone (like me) could drop you off at the wine bar at 5:30 or 6ish.
  • Options

imageFireChiefsBride:
    Pick another sitter and get. out. of the house.  It's not about the wine, it's about breathing and relishing your husbands health/ your happiness, blah blah blah.  Besides, cab rides home can be totally hot.  ;)

This.  Pick one you don't like so much...   (darn, can't make a smiley on this computer, but if I could, it would be the one with its tongue sticking out!)

I hope you can work something out - you deserve to wine and whine with your dh and share a hot cab ride home! 

• Options

dude, if we have the same sitter, she saw PLENTY....plennnnnty (ie - taryn) around here than trumps anything your boys can throw her way.

you should go.

• Options

I think a babysitter would totally understand a once-per-year-witching-hour kind of night.  Go out and have fun with your husband!

Plus, if nestie trash is spoken, we can all egg her house.  :)

• Options

hey yeah, and then you can sing, "YOUUUUU, YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEED!  But you say he's just a friend..." in the cab and fulfill my life-long fantasy/dream!

I'm so jealous!

• Options

imageKateAggie:
    Go a little late.  What time can your sitter be there?  Surely someone (like me) could drop you off at the wine bar at 5:30 or 6ish.

I think this is a great idea.  Even if  you went after their witching hour was over.  Have the babysitter come around 5pm and duck out soon after.

• Options
    Girl, you gotta take advantage of this!  Go!!!  Your babysitter will totally understand.  And aren't kids always so much better for the sitter anyway?  :)  Go go go!!!
  • Options
    Go.  Your sitter will get over it. 
  • Options
    I totally agree with the others.  Definitely go.  You don't have to drink. Go and relax and don't be a mommy for a few hours.  Your sitter will be fine.  And if your DHs company is paying, throw in a few bucks for the witching hour.  Even if you go late - you should definitely go.
  • Options
    Go celebrate.  Kids are always better for sitters anyway. 
  • Options
    Want me to come sit for an hour or so, and then let the regular sitter come?  That way we can split up the witching hour and it won't be so bad.
  • Options
    I'm with everyone else. Go, especially if they're paying for everything! If you want, Meredith, Alex and I can come sit with the boys for a little while if you want to split up the witching hour.
  • Options
    imagejoyco:

hey yeah, and then you can sing, "YOUUUUU, YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEED!  But you say he's just a friend..." in the cab and fulfill my life-long fantasy/dream!

LOL- yes you can live out Joyco's fantasy!!

A witching hour isn't so bad for someone when they are forwarned and they don't deal with it night after night. I say go for it. (Easy for me to say since I am backing out of my own DH's party). But- his is not as easy to get to as yours.

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    Duuuude! That is awesome!  Free cab ride, free babysitting...wine bar!  You gotta go! 
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ditto all the others, go! i've done it to my sitter several times now and they always do way better than i would ever expect! i come home and the sitter talks about what angels they were and how easy they were...ha!! go, you will have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"