Babies: 0 - 3 Months

So I've been put on Zoloft and PSA for all moms to know!!!

For the update to anyone who was following all of the PPD postings (there seem to be a LOT lately??) Anyway, I broke down and finally admitted to myself that I probably have it. And you know what, that's ok with me. I knew it was time to reach out and I'm so glad that I did. I wanted to share this with everyone incase someone out there is unsure, afraid to reach out, and simply uneducated on Post Partum Depression & Anxiety.

First if you don't know the symptoms, this is an amazing break down like I said in a pp in "plain mama english" so check it out first. (https://postpartumprogress.typepad.com/weblog/postpartum_anxiety/)  Next call your doctor and ask those around you for support and help. I know it seems like there is some huge stigma attached to this but honestly in my experience people are more than supportive about it. I was very surprised at this.

I called my doctor this morning and I've been prescribed Zoloft which is an anti-depressant which should be fully effective within about 2 weeks with a gradual improvement each day. I'm glad to finally have a plan and a solution to my issues BEFORE it gets worse, that's the key, you don't want to wait until it's out of your control before you get help.

Lastly a PSA for all new mommies. I was prescribed Reglan (Metoclopromide is the generic) to help build my milk supply for breastfeeding. After asking the doctor if there'd be any interactions between the Reglan and my Zoloft she said "OH you're taking Reglan?" and informed me that one of the side effects that you "can" experience on Reglan is DEPRESSION!!! (Thank you to the bumpie that helped me realize this!!) But I wanted everyone to be aware of this as I had no idea. And taking the Zoloft with the Reglan can increase the side effects, in turn increasing the depression. (And not everyone who takes it will experience symptoms of depression but it IS a possibility)

So it is possible that stopping the Reglan will be all I need to feel better but I'm going ahead with the Zoloft also and I'm very excited for some mood improvement, just having a plan has really relieved a lot of my anxiety. Hope this helps someone out there...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Momma Maven In The Making!

Re: So I've been put on Zoloft and PSA for all moms to know!!!

• SO happy you talked to your doc!   Good luck with your new course of treatment!
  • Good for you for seeking assistance!  I had PP Anxiety with DS 1 and again with DS 2.  I didn't realized what i was dealing with until about 6 months PP last time.  This time, I caught it sooner.  Many women suffer and write it off as the perils of being a new Mom. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTanner'sMommy:
    Good for you for seeking assistance!  I had PP Anxiety with DS 1 and again with DS 2.  I didn't realized what i was dealing with until about 6 months PP last time.  This time, I caught it sooner.  Many women suffer and write it off as the perils of being a new Mom. 

Yea I knew that my emotions were being amplified by the whacky hormones but it wasn't until I started reading more and more lists of symptoms that I finally went "you know what, I think I may have it, it may be more than 'just hormones" And I'm glad that I didn't just dismiss it and then end up much worse off before I figured it out. What did they do for you for the anxiety aspect? I'm wondering if the Zoloft will help with that or if I may need something else for the anxiety portion that I am experiencing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageShananah:
    SO happy you talked to your doc!   Good luck with your new course of treatment!

Yes we now have a plan! And thank you so much for the info, I would never have thought to bring it up!

• Im so glad you were able to get help and talk to your doctor! I hope you start feeling better very soon and thank you for posting this. It will hopefully help remove the stigma and help another mom too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"