Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how much karo syrup

does your pedi recommend for constipation?  I think mine said one teaspoon twice a day, but I can't remember...

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how much karo syrup

• No help here.  Karo is not recommended by my pedi for constipation. 
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine says 1 teaspoon in a 4 ounce bottle 3-4 times a day until DD is having soft poops then taper off of the corn syrup. I hope this helps. 

Edit: Make sure it is dark corn syrup as the light one will not work 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My pediatrician said no way to the syrups as they could contain botulism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Forgot to mention that it needs to be dark corn syrup as the light will not work
  • imagenjeosys:
    My pediatrician said no way to the syrups as they could contain botulism.

I have not heard this. Now I am scared. What does your doctor recommend? 

• imagemielkede:

imagenjeosys:
    My pediatrician said no way to the syrups as they could contain botulism.

I have not heard this. Now I am scared. What does your doctor recommend? 

She told me fruit juices diluted with water or plain water. She told me how much would be safe for my baby's age and size (this was with my second DD who is now 2yrs old). Same reason babies cannot have honey for 1 yr is why they shouldn't have the syrups.

I do admit to using dark molasses (1 tsp per 2-4 oz) in a botlle of breastmilk/formula with my first DD and that worked. Not sure if it is recommended or not.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I tried Karo and it didn't help.

I've been putting half an oz to an oz of apple juice in her bottle of breastmilk and she finally went today.

• BTW... my pedi said that w/ breastfed babies over 2 months old it is not abnormal for them to go up to 7 days without pooping.  Yikes!
  • 1 oz prune juice until poop.  we mix it with breastmilk but you could dilute it w/water too. ds hates it and tolerates it much better w/bmilk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"