Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Can you change formulas or is that bad for baby?

We just got a sample of some formula I would like to try it, but will it upset LO's tummy or can we try it?

Re: Can you change formulas or is that bad for baby?

• My pedi said they are all pretty much the same so it's ok to switch.
  • assuming your LO doesn't have any GI issues then our rec. was always "buy whatever's on sale!" you will be fine. But if your LO has GI issues it's best not to interchange formulas. Also don't use soy interchangeably, it is completely different than traditional formula.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was wondering the same thing. DH came home with the wrong type tonight. We usually use Similac Sensitive, and tonight he brought home Similac Sensitive RS. It just seems the main difference is the RS is supposed to make them spit up less. I don't see how there can be much of a (negative) difference, but we'll give it a try!

I mailed out your coupons/checks today BTW! =) 

• Formulas are very different. If it is the same TYPE but a different brand then it shouldn't be a problem. But if you got a sample of Nutramigen or Soy and you use regular Enfamil with Iron then you will have some intestinal issues as baby adjusts to the new stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"