South Florida Babies

Update

Thank you all soo much for all your kind words, encouragement, and prayers. You have no idea how much they have meant to DH and I during this crazy time. Missing someone that I've only seen for a combined total of 15 seconds is the most bizarre feeling I've ever had. It's definitely the last feeling I expected when we got to the hospital Saturday morning. --- but of course, for those of you following my story, my child does NOT take the easy road for anything!

Anyway, I just wanted to let ya'll know that (physically) I'm feeling better. My incision is still a little sore, but miss Carley is keeping me very motivated to continue to make progress and get back to 100% so that I can get discharged from my hospital and go see her. Speaking of being discharged, I was orginially supposed to get discharged on Wednesday but since I'm making lots of improvement my OB agreed to discharge me tomorrow (if all is still well). Once we get outta here DH and I will be heading up to Norfolk to see our baby girl and pray over her. I know I haven't given too much info on our complication, but I can say that the updates we have gotten seem to be positive. Carley is stable and seems to be doing well, but it'll still be a while before we can bring her home. Hopefully I'll get a chance to *finally* hold my little munchkin...I can't wait!

Re: Update

• Nikki! It seems that things are heading in the right direction for Carley and yourself! I hope that little Carley comes out of this quickly so that you and your hubby can enjoy every moment with her. Congrats again!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for the update, I've been thinking of you and Carley constantly. I hope you can hold your little girl soon and I wish you both the speediest recovery possible!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh Nikki, you're definitely in my prayers! I have faith that tomorrow will definitely be the day that you guys go spend time with Carley. I hope she gets better very soon!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't even imagine how tough it must be to not have been able to hold her yet. I am glad that your physical recovery is going well. I will continue to pray for you, Nick, and especally Carley. Please keep us posted if and when you can.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you for the update! you are definitely in my prayers.  Be strong and before you know it, you will be home with your precious little girl.
  • I'm happy to hear things are going well for Carley and for you too! I have been thinking of you guys all day, thank you so much for keeping us updated!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh Nikki I'm glad you are recovering well and will hopefully get to see your little girl tomorrow. You guys will continue to be in my prayers. Stay strong mama! ((HUGS)) to all three of you.
  • Jen - FB is still blocked here, but my SIL told me she posted a note about Carley's progress and her condition...not sure if you saw it.

• Nikki I saw the update your SIL posted on FB.  I will keep praying for Carley and for you.  I'm glad you're feeling better and I know that seeing and holding Carley is great motivation for you to get better and out of the hospital ASAP!! 
    image image

• Congrats on Carley! I can't wait to see pics (unfortunately, I'm not one of your FB friends). My thoughts and prayers are with you guys for a speedy recovery! I was discharged from my c/s 2 days later, I just kept bugging them to let me go and finally they did - so keep pushing for it!!!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Nikki, I'm thinking of you and Carley!  Believe me, I know how hard it is but time will go by quickly and before you know it she'll be in your arms!

• imageg8orell:
    Congrats on Carley! I can't wait to see pics (unfortunately, I'm not one of your FB friends). My thoughts and prayers are with you guys for a speedy recovery! I was discharged from my c/s 2 days later, I just kept bugging them to let me go and finally they did - so keep pushing for it!!!

I don't have access to my fb right now, but if you want (and anyone else who's not on my friends list) you can search me through my email address (nikkih610 at cox dot net) and send me a request. Once I'm able to get back on, I'll approve the requests so ya'll can see the pictures and updates. I'll be posting blog updates once I have access to that too...depending on how things go.

For all of you still thinking of us and calling to check in on me and Carley, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! All your ::hugs:: and thoughts mean the world to me right now. It's so nice having such a good support system in you girls.

• i hope everything gets better, nikki!!  we've been praying for you :)  Congrats on your beautiful little girl, I hope you get to hold her in your arms and take her home soon enough.  Prayers for strength and a quick recovery for both of you heading your way!!

• imageUMwife:

Jen - FB is still blocked here, but my SIL told me she posted a note about Carley's progress and her condition...not sure if you saw it.

No, I hadn't seen it! I have no idea what's going on...I'm going to check right now.

• Just read it...I hope Carley keeps getting better and stronger and that you guys can take her home soon. HUGS!!!!!
  • ((hugs)) Wishing you many happy thoughts and prayers for Miss Carley.  I hope you can hold her and take her home soon.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:
    Just read it...I hope Carley keeps getting better and stronger and that you guys can take her home soon. HUGS!!!!!

I don't see this? Is it on facebook or the blog?

• On Facebook...Nikki, I'm going to go ahead and repost part of it here so that the girls can't find you on fb can be updated. That way you don't have to worry about trying to get on FB or your blog from the hospital:

"Nikki had a long labor and ended up with an unplanned c-section. Once the doctor's delivered Carley and checked her out, they diagnosed her with Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension. Basically, while in the womb she inhaled some merconium and it indirectly led to her having trouble breathing on her own once outside the womb. The transfer of oxygen from the umbilical cord to breathing the air around us, was troublesome for her. As a result, they transferred Carley to a children's hospital in Norfolk, VA."

And here's a prayer for Carley:

"Father in Heaven, please keep Nick, Nikki and especially Carley in your loving and healing arms. Help them to look to you for peace and understanding during this time. Help the doctors and nurses and medical staff keep a careful watch over Carley. I know through your healing touch, she will be able to breathe completely on her own very soon. And for all those who worry, please comfort us and help us realize that you are in control of this and every situation and we must place our worries with you."

Nikki, I know I speak for all of us here when I say that the three of you are all in our prayers/good thoughts. Hang in there...I hope you can leave the hospital tomorrow so that you can get to your princess ASAP.

• Thanks Jen, I must be blind because I don't see it on fb.

Nikki I'm so sorry you and your family have this obstacle to face. Carley is in great hands and with all the love surrounding her I'm sure she'll be out of there in no time *big huge hugs*

• Ohhh...Nikki, I am just reading that you had your baby and had some complications. First of all, congratulations and I will definitely keep little Carley and your family in my prayers. I also pray that you continue to do well so you can reunite with your baby girl. Lost of positives vibes for you guys. 

Hugs

Barbie 

• Thank you soo much. All of your support has me in tears, you guys just have no idea how much it means to my husband and I. I don't mean to be an AW, so for those of you tired of reading about me, I'm sorry =/

Hubbs is on the phone now getting another update...

• We are still sending prayers your way! Hopefully you will be able to hold Miss Carley in your arms very very soon!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nikki I'm so glad that Carley is finally out!

It's unfortunate that you're going through all these complications though! You will definitely be in my prayers tonight! Here's to a speedy recovery to both of you!!

XOXO

• My family and I will continue to pray for you and Carley!!

LOTS of love being sent your way too!!!

• Nikki, I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. Remember that God works all things for good and that soon you'll be holding your baby girl. Sending lots of prayers for Carley.

Jen :)?

• imageUMwife:

Thank you soo much. All of your support has me in tears, you guys just have no idea how much it means to my husband and I. I don't mean to be an AW, so for those of you tired of reading about me, I'm sorry =/

Hubbs is on the phone now getting another update...

Don't be crazy. You do what you need to do for your baby but please, please, please don't hesitate to keep us posted as often as you can. I wish I could give you a huge hug right now!!!!

• Nikki, I'm thinking about you and Carley and hoping for a fast recovery for both of you!!!! I hope you have her in your arms very soon!!!
  • OH Nikki.. im glad to here that you and baby Carley are making great progress.. I will keep you, Nick, and baby Carley in my Prayers..

• Keeping your family in my prayers and hope you are released soon so you can hold your munchkin.

Hugs,

Natalie

• praying for you and your beautiful baby. please keep us updated...woke up thinking about you first thing this morning.
  • Wishing you both speedy recoveries so you can come home quick!!
  • my prayers are with you guys, take care of yourself and little carley!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • still thinking of you all today, Hoping to hear you get to reunite with Carley, big big hugs to all of you, xoxo
  • Congratulations!!!! I will be sending prayers and good thoughts your way. 
    I too know what it feels like to only be able to see your baby for only 15 sec.  She will be home before you know it.
  • ((Hugs))

Your family is in my thoughts....

• So glad to hear you and Carley are both doing better -  will keep you both in my prayers :-)
  • Nikki - I'm glad to hear you are recovering well and are able to be reunited with your little girl soon.  Sending many prayers your way for a speedy recovery for you both :)
  • it must be so difficult to be away from your little angel...but you'll be with her soon! so happy that things are looking better and we'll continue praying for you and Carley.
  • <<<HUGS>>> I hope you get released ASAP and are holding your baby. I cannot imagine how you must long to be with her! I will continue to pray that everything gets worked out soon so that the three of you are home together real soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"