Baby Names

wdyt of Tyson

with the nn Ty?  He would be called Ty most of the time.  We love the nn and my husband loves Tyson.  We have a Taylor in the family (distant) so we think that Tyler is a little too close.  I know that people associate it with Mike Tyson and chicken, but is it really that bad?

Re: wdyt of Tyson

• I automatically think of chicken.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I know a great kid (well, young man) whose name is Tyson and who goes by Ty.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to him by his full first name.  It's not a name I would use, but I don't dislike it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My first thought was chicken, too. Sorry.

ETA...I failed to read the whole post first.

• I LOVE it! It is on our list if we ever get pg with a boy!
  • My DH and I really like the name Tyson.  I think Ty is cute too.  Love Tyler a well.  If it's a distant family member who is named Taylor, that wouldn't stop me from using Tyler.
  • I think of the chicken and the boxer. I don't hate the name by any means, but it's NMS. I prefer Tyler, personally, and I wouldn't let a distant relative sway me from that.

The question is, though, which do YOU prefer? If you like Tyson better anyway, go with that!

• Yes, I thought of chicken, but it's not a bad name at all. I like it ok. I like Tyler more.
  • imagePhilsWife07:
    I automatically think of chicken.
    this. I don't think it's bad though.
  • I thought of Mike Tyson. It's NMS.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I LOVE Tyson/Ty, but DH vetoed it b/c of Mike Tyson.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • My son's name is Tyson.  We love it and it suits him! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageubermoose:

I think of the chicken and the boxer. I don't hate the name by any means, but it's NMS. I prefer Tyler, personally, and I wouldn't let a distant relative sway me from that.

The question is, though, which do YOU prefer? If you like Tyson better anyway, go with that!

THIS

If you like Ty so much then maybe go with Tyler. I have a friend that named her son Tyler and nick named him Ty.

• I grew up knowing someone w/ that name.  He goes by both Ty and Tyson.  But Tyson more commonly.
  • In order, I think of Tyson Chicken Nuggets and Mike Tyson. NMS at all.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • He bit off someone's ear you know (Mike Tyson) Oh, and chicken.
  • I have to be honest and say that I first think of chicken.  But then again I am pregnant, hehe.  Then I think of Tyson Beckford, who is outstandingly attractive!

I think that once people meet your little boy if you name him Tyson, they will not think of chicken anymore (or any other association).  I say go for it.

• I do like Tyson, but I don't like Ty. I have a nephew named Tyler and he tries hard to not let people call him Ty....he used to get Ty-Ty and it's so silly.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"