Parenting

If your DS is slow to PT.. some hope

DS was something other than 'slow'. He was just TERRIFIED.  Heart pounding, screaming every time I tried to get him to sit.  At some point I had to just hold him there while he freaked out.  Just for a short time (on the toilet, actually b/c it seemed less horrific to him than the potty). 

Anyway after that he stopped being afraid but just seemed utterly oblivious when he peed.  So I held off.  Just this past week (he's 3.5) we tried again.  Bare bum for a few hours every couple of days.  And he was ready.  He's even waking up dry.

So - if you have a child who is fearful about the whole thing maybe this will give you some hope. I remember posting asking for advice a while back.  Nobody online at the time had a child fearful like mine but maybe it's relevent to someone lurking now!

(and for his success I get to go to Chuck-E-Diseases tomorrow!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your DS is slow to PT.. some hope

• that's great!

thanks for posting.

Griffin was doing good with PT at school a few months ago- and then just went backwards (as i expected since the babies were born- but daycare said they wanted to try).... now he's scared of the potty all together - so i don't even bring it up- i'm hoping to start again when he turns 3 - and praying he won't be afraid by then!!

good luck with Chuck-E-Cheese!

• This was my ds too.  But at almost 3.5, he is still not pooping on the potty.  He makes me put a pull-up on him at naptime and he goes then.  This kid poops every day at 2pm like clockwork.  If I don't put a pull-up on him, he holds it in.  Any advice???
  • Loading the player...
  • Unrelated, but I just blogged about this the other day; DS calls ChuckEDisease, where he has yet to go, Checker Cheeses, and also thought it was the same as playing checkers.

Cracked me up.

• imagemichaeltrish:
    This was my ds too.  But at almost 3.5, he is still not pooping on the potty.  He makes me put a pull-up on him at naptime and he goes then.  This kid poops every day at 2pm like clockwork.  If I don't put a pull-up on him, he holds it in.  Any advice???

DS held it for the past 4 days!  But not like he wanted a pullup.  I even put him in a pullup early one night in the hope that he'd go b/c I was afraid that the pain would make him reluctant to ever go on the toilet.  But he eventually went tonight.  

I have a few friends who do what you do and I think eventually it comes together!  Maybe a big reward?  My son has only been to CEC twice and it's the most exciting thing to him.  Something like that?  

Failing that, time puts everything in its place!

• imageco18co:

Unrelated, but I just blogged about this the other day; DS calls ChuckEDisease, where he has yet to go, Checker Cheeses, and also thought it was the same as playing checkers.

Cracked me up.

ha!  that is cute.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"