Breastfeeding
Options

spitting up too much?

Today DS has been spitting up a lot more than usual. Is it normal for them to spit up more on some days than others? Could it be something I ate? Just making sure it's nothing to worry about.

Re: spitting up too much?

• Options

DD never, ever spit up in her first month.  Then, she started one day and it got more and more until very recently (4 months).  It's only now slowly tapering off.

It's definitely normal for spit up amount to vary daily.  Use your instincts -- if something seems wrong, call your doctor.  But it is normal for spit up to increase around 1 month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    I EP;  that's when my DD started spitting up too.  Unfortunately, I changed to formula because she tolerated it better.  She won't even go near BM anymore, and tests the nipple each time before she accepts the bottle to make sure it's not BM. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageChrystaleigh:
    Today DS has been spitting up a lot more than usual. Is it normal for them to spit up more on some days than others? Could it be something I ate? Just making sure it's nothing to worry about.

my LO started spitting up last week also out of no where. but i'm just assuming it's b/c he's eating a lot faster and my milk is coming out a lot faster.  (he now eats 10 minutes versus his old 30).. 

its normal.. my pedi told me that most of it is spit and not milk so it's not like he's spitting up everything you just fed him (even though sometimes it looks like it is).. but if you're worried, call your pedi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"