High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bedrest Mama's Monday Check-In

This thread is for any and all mamas on bedrest, in any form.  We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby!  We all know how hard bedrest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!!  Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread.  Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day!

Name - Michelle/miaomi

Due Date - 4/20

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 14 wks

Type - Modified Home/Restricted Activity.

Why - Herniated disks in back. 

Question of the Day- What has being on bedrest make you realize you are more thankful for than before this?  And has this made you change yourself in anyways?

Answer-  This has made me realize that despite the fact that my family can drive me nuts, they are there for me a lot more than I'd realized before.  My DH as well.  It's made me more appreciative for the people in my life and also made me shrug off the small things.  My family doesn't annoy me as much, simply because I know how much they care.  DH annoys me of course, you ladies know how it can be seeing only one person most of the time...but I'm also a lot more tolerant of his mistakes since I see how much he's doing and trying!  I"ve also been super impressed with how much people I barely know care about how I'm doing.  It's really made me realize who my friends are and I'm thankful for that.

Updates:  Not much new going on here.  Just got back from the holidays yesterday and am getting back in the swing of things.  I'll be 20 wks tomorrow--yeah, halfway!  I also have my 20wk scan and will confirm the gender on Thursday.  I'd love any prayers headed our way that all will be well with baby!

Hope you all had a great Holiday where ever you spent it!

Re: Bedrest Mama's Monday Check-In

• Options

I'd love to join this group, it would be great to hear from others in the same situation! I'm in hospital on bedrest after my water broke at 30 weeks. I have an 18 month old at home (well, at Grandma's) who is not allowed to visit due to H1N1 visiting restrictions, and I really miss her!

Name - LouiseDue Date - 2/7/10
    Date Placed on Bedrest - 11/28/09
    Type - Hospital bedrest
    Why - Water broke at 30 weeks
    Question of the Day- What has being on bedrest make you realize you are more thankful for than before this? Answer-  I'm thankful that my first baby was born at full term and healthy. I took that for granted before. 

Updates:  I've had steroid shots, and been on magnesium for 48 hours to give them time to work. This morning they stopped the mag to see what baby feels is best for her, given that my water is broken and they don't want to forcer her to stay in if she needs to be born. We're just waiting and hoping she wants to cook a little longer.

Nice to meet you ladies! 

• Options

Hi Bedrest Mama's,

I just wanted to check in with you. I last posted here on Monday 11/23. I was on bedrest for PTL, cramping and bleeding that had been happening for several days prior. That night, my water broke, and I went into the hospital. Unfortunately, they could not do much, as I was only in my 22nd week, so our sweet Bebe died on Tuesday 11/24. She was born the following morning on 11/25. My husband and I are devastated, but we are trying to make it one day at a time. I am so happy to see that you all seem to be in a better place safety-wise than we were. I wish you all the best of luck and healthy babies. I will probably be around in the Pregnancy Loss board from now on, and we hope that we will be able to have a healthy baby of our own sometime in the near future.

Jetskreemr/Joanna

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Joanna,

Since you've joined our board you've been in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day.  I've wondered over the holidays how you and your so little and young baby were fairing.  I'm so sorry to hear that she has passed on.  My heart goes out to you and your husband.  As a mother of a 20 week gest.baby, I understand how very real and attached you guys were to your baby.  I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.  I wish there was something I could say, but I know there is not.  I hope for the best for you and please feel free to come and visit this post anytime you need support.

• Options

Name - Shorty/Stacy

Due Date - 2/3/09

Date Place/d on Bedrest - Nov 19th at 29 weeks

Type - Strict hospital bedrest

Why - PTL 

Question of the Day- What has being on bedrest make you realize you are more thankful for than before this?  And has this made you change yourself in anyways?

Answer-  Well, I am on strict hospital bedrest, so I definitely appreciate using a toilet to use the restroom. Bedpans are no fun. Also semi-related - being able to have a BM regularly. Being on BR has totally shut me down so they are giving me loads of stool softeners. And well, finally going in a bedpan is soooooo not cool. Sorry if that's all TMI for ya.

Updates:  I was denied parole today. Yesterday, my doc discussed the possibility of sending me home today. Since I was sent home last week and ended up right back here the 24 hours later, they are less willing to send me home. They will decide tomorrow after checking to see if I've dilated more. There is also concern about how far we live from the hospital, so that will come into play. 

• Options

Joanna,

I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and healing wishes are going to you and your family.

Diane

• Options

Diane

Due Date: 1/28/10

Hospital Bedrest due to water breaking at 29w2d (I'm 31w4d today)

I have also learned how much I am loved by family and friends. I feel very grateful to have as much support as I have been shown. I know that when my babay boy does decide to join our lives, he will be adored by many.

Louise- Our stories are similar... I also had steroid shots, mag. and had an original due date just a bit before you. :)

• Options

Name - Jules

Due Date - 1/25

Date Placed on Bedrest - 10/28/09 at home, 11/14/09 inpatient

Type - Hospital Bedrest, can get up from bath and back

Why - IUGR 3rd percentile, Preterm labor

Question of the Day- Being on bedrest has made me realize how thankful I am for my friends and family, and how fortunate I am to have such a strong and large support network.  I also realize just how amazing my husband is, and how strong our relationship is and will remain to be regardless of what may come in the future.  Most importantly I am thankful for my LO and what a fighter he is, and that despite all of the difficulties this pregnancy has presented I am thankful that God has even given me the ability to become pregnant and to have carried LO this far. I'd like to think that I have become more patient being on bedrest, and more willing and able to appreciate little things and small accomplishments. 

Updates:  Today we officially hit 32 weeks, which is a huge marker for us and something that 1 month ago we (and our doctors) were unsure we would ever get to. On Wednesday my doc will do another growth ultrasound, and if LO has not grown we will be delivering him that day as it's time for him to get out and start putting on weight.  In the meantime we hope that everything else remains stable- his NSTs stay reactive and even though his umbilical dopplers continue to show periods of absence and the amniotic fluid is low, there has been no worsening.  We appreciate any prayers for continued health and a strong baby!

Joanna- I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I can't imagine the sorrow and pain you and your family are going through, but find your strength inspiring.  I will keep you in my prayers.

• Options

Name - Markita/IDFarmer'sWife

Due Date - 12/14

Date Placed on Bedrest - 30 weeks

Why - High BP

Answer-  It has made me very thankful for my family and friends, without their support this would have been a lot harder to deal with.  And I am thankful for DH putting up with having to do the cooking and cleaning.

Updates:  I'm currently in L&D being induced, started cervadil last night and pitocin this morning.  So far things are going slowly, the doc just told us she is thinking Wednesday morning.  As of the last check I am 0 cm, 80% effaced and very high cervix.  I'm hoping things pick up soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Name - Erica/Angel7620

Due Date - was 1/22 change today to being induced 1/14 or 1/15

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 28 wks

Why - Pre-e, GD, edema

Answer-  My family and friends . . . my parents and IL's have been great. We are turning our attic into an office and the office now will become the nursery. I pray that it will get done on time.  They are all helping so very much. My DH has been great through everything . . working hard trying to get everything done and taking care of me.

Updates:  Had my dr appt. today and he said that everything was looking good that at my next appt. in 2 weeks they would check the baby's fluid levels and do a NST. He also said that he wasn't going to let me go to my due date that he wanted to induce me a week early at the latest.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
      Name - Mrs_D_In_KY Due Date - 2/12/10
    Date Placed on Bedrest - 11/24/09
    Type - House arrest/modified bedrest
    Why - preterm labor
    Question of the Day- What has being on bedrest make you realize you are more thankful for than before this?  Answer-  My husband, he has really stepped up to keep things going at the house with laundry, dishes and the dogs. My family and friends have been awesome with helping out where I need it.

Updates:  I saw my OB today, he wants me to try normal activites this week, while staying home. The Brethine pills are to be taken every 6 hours instead of every 4. My OB is hoping it's a fluke, but we shall see what the next few days bring!

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options

Joanna,

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

• Options

Name - Rachelle

Due Date - 5/09/2010

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 16 weeks

Type - Full Bed rest

Why - incompetent cervix

Being able to cook, i miss being able to cook and get what i wanted when i wanted it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"