Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My baby boy Marik (long read)

November the 20th my husband and I went into the hospital to have them try to flip my baby boy because he was breech. The nurse came in and couldnt find the heart beat, they did a ultrasound nothing(I was used to seeing the heart beat so it scared me) they did a more advanced ultra sound nothing. We sat in the room for another hour and a half finally my docter came in. She asked what was going on and we told her we havnt been told anything. She told us the words that still echo through my head " Vanessa there is no heart beat, your baby died." She told it to me upset herself. Just that Wednesday he was fine heartbeat great, nothing odd. Even the day before we went in I could swear he moved plenty.

Our friend was there when they told us, then we called others to tell them what happened. My dad was there very fast he only lived a few miles away. Our  other parents came as fast as they could. They asked if i would like to go home and I wanted to have a C section right away.  We waited for my mom to get there to be in the room well they did surgery. Surgery was scary just because I never had anything done before. My heart started going out but they were able to stablize it later. My husband just could see me in pain so he was not in the room.

After the surgery was done Mairk ( 6pds 10ozs and 18 1/2 inches long) was brought into the room with our family for everyone to hold him. My grandma working in the OB floor for 20 years was very happy that they did this now. Everyone was happy to hold him at least once and kiss him and tell him they loved him. They brought Marik down to were I was being watched and I saw how perfect he was. My husband and I held him then saw how much he looked like his daddy yet had my big nose.

After they said I could be in my room they brought me to recovery because I knew I could not be in the same area of the hospital were we could hear other babies. I was out of it but my husband talked to me and told me everything would be alright. I just kept thinking on how Marik looked just how I thought. Olive skin, dark hair, long fingers and just like his daddy. It was hard to see him agian but I was glad to do so.

The hospital where I went made plaster peices of his hands and feet, they also made us another little box that had his first hair cut clippings, hand prints, foot prints,just very special things for us to remeber Marik. (They asked if we wanted these things and at first we said no we didnt want to have that pain of seeing it. My grandma* the one that worked on the Ob floor* told us to do it she said we would regret it. She was right if we didnt do this we would be always wondering what he looked like or be mad we didnt have prints to put in his baby book.)  There is also a photographer that comes in and takes pictures for free that came and did a amazing job for us.

I felt bad because the drugs they put me on made my mind numb. I cared but couldnt show it, I couldnt let it out. We had so many people come and see us. It was good to see my parents. Also have my grandpa tell me he loved me, he never said it before. They did tests on my heart to ensure it would be ok, and as far as I know I ust have to be careful. Low Blood pressure runs in the family, but its only the women on my dads side that are skinny. So I need to gain lots of waight to be compltely ok but that would send me into high blood pressure and be worse.

We got home and my husband already took down the nursery half of our room. It was hard to go in there, but I had to sometime. Being home helped me so much my sister also stayed a few days so my husband didnt need to be caring for me every secound.

I have so much on my mind. What if they would have just indused me, what ifs are just constant. The biggest thing for me is I just expect to hear that cry of being hungry and breast feeding. My boobs are still leaking and everytime they do it gets me worked up so much.  The one thing that does help me thou is the love and support from family and friends. Also knowing Im not alone in this happening, at first it felt like I was alone like why am I choosen to this to happen to. We recieved a book from a cousin that I just found out the same thing happened to there first child. Its called mommy please dont cry, it helped me so much.

I wanted to write my story because I thought it would help me, and it did. We are going to try to have another baby and like the docters say they are going to keep a closer eye on me. If he is doing ok and he is breech or if i go through the extreme iregular labor pains (bracs and hichs) they are just going to induce me if I am far enough along.  

With everyday I always think of what he is doing in heaven.

To all the mothers and fathers I pray for all of us to have a better day, I know it doesnt get easier but I just hope people know their baby girl or baby boy is in a better place.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My baby boy Marik (long read)

• I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear about your loss. What precious things to have from the hospital. Those will be very special in the years to come. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Amy & Charly wed May 6, 2006 Noah John born at 41w3d July 5 2010 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so very, very sorry for your loss.  {{hugs}}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm so sorry. Your little boy sounds absolutely beautiful. It sounds like you have a wondefully supportive family, too.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine how sad you must feel.
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.  It sounds like the hospital was able to give you some great mementos.  Thankfully you have supportive family and friends to help you during this time.  Lean on them all you need.  The board is here for you too.  I am in awe at your strength of going through this and being able to consider another child.  That is great.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~

Formerly toddandjulie
  • I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.  It broke my heart to read your story.  I lost a baby at 18 wks and it was really tough to get through.  Im glad you took your grandma's advice about the stuff the hospital gave you.  I treasure everything I got from delivering Grace. 

I hope that you find comfort here on this board, know that we are here for you!  {{hugs}}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My deepest condolences to you and your family. I dont even know what to say. Those keepsakes they gave you are great and I am glad you took them, your gram was right. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, and remember we are here if you need us. (((HUGS)))

Kel

• I'm so sorry for your loss--that is absolutely devastating. Please know that we're here for you whenever you want to talk.

We also have a late loss/stillborn/infant loss group that checks in on Wednesdays if you want to come back and share more.

((HUGS))

imageimage
  • I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words at a time like this. Just know that we are here for you! You are in my t&p!
  • I am so terribly sorry for your loss.  I'm glad that you got that time with Marik, you will certainly treasure all of those memories for years to come.  The what ifs and guilt will last for a while, I lost a little girl at 17 weeks in May and I still have what ifs.  They are one of the hardest parts of the grieving process. Sending love and thoughts your way.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say - but after reading, I had to say something. We will hold your family in our thoughts and prayers.
  • So incredibly sorry for your loss.  May you find comfort here & in the arms of your loved ones.  Many thoughts & prayers to you and your family.
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. {{hugs}} I'm glad you have such a good group of supportive loved ones around you, and I'm glad you found us here.  Unfortunately, there are lots of women here who know exactly how you feel right now.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. My heart really goes out to you. You seem very strong and that is wonderful you have mementos of him.
    Baby boy, you are forever loved and missed. 19 weeks 2 days 10/14/09 Partial Molar Pregnancy Lucas Glenn 12/18/10
  • I am so sorry.  That is horrible. I will be praying for you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you everyone. Like I said in the post its just helping to talk about it, and if I can help others that will help me as well. Thank you agian and God Bless.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy.  I hate so much to hear that this awful tragedy has happened to someone else.  You and your angel will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I can relate to playing the 'what if' game and the leaky boobs... ugh, it's so hard that your body doesn't realize what has happened with your baby :(  It doesn't last too long though.  I'm sure that you will treasure the items from the hospital.  Whenever I'm having a tough day and really missing Daren, I go through his pictures and keepsakes and it helps me to feel better.  Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.  Thinking of you....
  • I am so so sorry for your loss.  I lost my baby at 41 weeks just hours before I was scheduled to go in for an induction.  Please PM me if you would like to talk or vent or whatever.  And please know that while I'm sure it doesn't feel like it now, each day gets a little better.

My thoughts and prayers are w/ you.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • thank you for sharing your story... i'm so sorry for your loss.. my prayers are with you&your dh.. (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 2# 7/5/09,EDD:3/26/10,MC:9/23/09. We Miss our Lucky Charm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"