Success after IF

Thanksgiving in the ER & update

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on in awhile, because I had the inlaws visiting from England last week.

Anyway, just wanted to update. We had our 2nd u/s last Wed at 6 weeks, 4 days, and we saw the heartbeat! It was amazing. I instantly broke down in tears! I didn't want it to ever end! So, we have another u/s appt. for this Wed. and then I made my first OB appt for the following week! Yay! I can't believe we are (if all goes well) "graduating" and I will be a "normal" pregnant woman! It feels great. Of course, I am still be cautiously optimistic. 

Anyway, so Thanksgiving morning I woke up at 4am with awful pains in my right side. It was higher up, closer to my bellybutton so I thought it was unrelated to the pregnancy. Around 9 AM it was getting worse, so DH took me to the ER. They initially thought it might be appendicitis, but after bloodwork and u/s they discovered that I still have a massively englarged ovary and a huge cyst on my right ovary. I have been in a ton of pain ever since. They said just continue taking Tylenol and it should shrink on its own. In the meantime, I am in agony. Did this happen to anyone else? They said it is a result of the IF medications I was on. It has not been fun, but we did get to see the heartbeat on Thursday again, so I felt relieved.

Anyway, sorry this is so long! I hope everyone else had a much more uneventful Thanksgiving!

10/09 Bravelle/ Ovidrel and IUI- BFP!!! Beta #1- 16dpiui 551 Beta # 2- 18dpiui 1400 Beta #3- 20dpiui 2800 It's a boy! Aiden James William born 7/12/10 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Surprise BFP! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Thanksgiving in the ER & update

• ouch! glad the little bean is ok, but sorry you're in pain!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh no!!  that sounds miserable!!!  Hoping that you feel better soon!!  (but yay for a healthy, thriving little babe!!!)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this.  I have always had problems with cysts and with my IVF, my left ovary was really huge at 5 1/2 weeks.  I had an emergency visit to the RE because I thought it was an ectopic pregnancy.  I took tylenol and rested and by 8 weeks it was much better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"