Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Food sharing issues.. help!

Sorry I don't post here much.. busy with the two kids!

Anyway I am so worried about germs with my newborn this winter.  We have a close family friend (closer than our parents), and she shares food with my DD (who is 2.5).  Like she takes a bite of pizza and then offers it to my DD who takes a bite in the same spot.  I'm not saying this woman has diseases, but I'm sorry, if she has the flu or anything else (strep, a cold) and gives it to us, we are screwed.

Does anyone else have this probblem?  And how can I politely ask her not to do this without insulting her?

Re: Food sharing issues.. help!

• Options
    When DD2 was a newborn I put a sign on the front door that said "please wash your hands when you come in! Thank you! : )"  I hated to ask people, but everyone did it!  Maybe you can do something similar.
  • Options
    My  MIL does this with my DD and it drives me crazy. She will take a bite of something and then offer it to my DD with the same spoon or fork. I have a newborn also and am so paranoid this year. I think next time she does it, I'll make a point of giving DD her own utensil and pointing it out. But then they are still eating off the same plate which can still spread germs. Any other ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"