Snarky and T-TTC

Holiday card dilemma

About half of the people we send holiday cards to are people we don't see often. So I usually try to include some sort of update so they know what we've been up to. I've shied away from the dreaded holiday letter, doing things like the Top 10 places we visited (Bethlehem, PA--woohoo!), sending a card with my blog address, or something of the sort. It kept me from having to write more than "Happy Holidays" and sign our name, while still letting people know what our year was like.

I am totally uninspired to do anything this year. I don't think DH will want me announcing our adoption plans in a holiday letter (though God knows he may surprise me this year). And the year was mostly work and hanging out together.

Any ideas? Or should I just suck it up and write notes in half of my Christmas/Hannukah cards?

Re: Holiday card dilemma

• hrmmm....

I'm tempted to say just write the individual 1-2 sentence notes in each card and include your blog link if you would share something like that with said people.

If it's too much of a pain, trim your list.  Mine is going from about 250 to 100 cards this year.  I'm sick of keeping in touch with some people just once a year.  If they really cared, they'd shoot me an email or even a facebook message every once in a while (or answer when I send them something).

Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • Holy crap, Mrs. O.  I thought I was going batty when my list got into the 50-ish range.  Indifferent

I agree though, maybe just a couple of lines in the ones you think need it. 

• Loading the player...
  • I would do just a sentence or two on a card.  I love getting the updates from people, but anytime I have attempted it, it just sounded corny. 
  • I just write a generic "Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" in our cards. That's enough for me. If they wanted to know more about what's going on they would keep in touch some other way not just once in a holiday card. That said I also cut my list to mostly close family and friends.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I write messages in each card - each one is different depending on recipient.

You could try a photo collage/year in review type of insert.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"