North Carolina Babies

I think we are in for it on Cmas break!

We will be in OH for Cmas week! Its usually not an issue but with a low attention span toddler I think we are all going to go stir crazy! Ive been looking around for an indoor play area etc up there with NO luck!

I find this so hard to believe bc they have snow straight 4 months out of the year! Cabin fever has to set in! I know we can play in the snow but AT isnt used to that and I dont want him out in it too much and get sick!

Should I just load up on toddler crafts etc? Any ideas? They have a childrens museum but its all the way in Cleveland...IDK that might be a good day trip but we will see.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think we are in for it on Cmas break!

• Check the local library for story time!
  • Definitely check out the library and any other place that might have some kind of kid's activities.  Does anyone in your family SAH, or maybe know some SAHMs?  They might have some ideas.  I would have something set up for everyday, whether it was an indoor activity or out of the house adventure.  I feel your pain on keeping him inside, it just doens't fly.  Shoot, even taking him to McD's or somewhere with a play place is something. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This past weekend we were in Asheville and thankfully the weather was nice so we were able to get to a park one day. On Friday it was chilly and very windy so we found an indoor play place at McDonalds. AT is still a little young for that I think but you could go and he could watch the other children maybe? Is there an aquarium around?  Is there anyone you could have a playdate with? Good luck! I hope you find something.
  • This is probably online somewhere now, but the people I babysat for in college had this book that had all the rest stops, food places, bigger shopping centers listed in it and their highway/interstate exit info.  It said who had indoor or outdoor play spaces, what ages the food was appropriate for, family restrooms, cleanliness ratings, all that sort of stuff (I traveled with them quite often).  I know there was a new one that came out every year, and of course I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but you may want to check the travel section and B&N. 
  • Looks like the library in another town close by has a play area that they normally use for story time. Thats a good option. It might not be a bad idea to make the ride to Cleveland and have a day trip to the childrens museum, I know my nephew would enjoy it too.

Then hopefully there wont be too much snow that we can hit up the park.....IDK. Then I guess Cmas will be here and he will have new toys to play with. Sheesh!

I agree I think AT is too small for MCD play place. I think hes even too small for chucky cheese.

• Have you thought about asking about activities on the Ohio board? They may have some good ideas.
  • We're going to be in the same area! I'll be about 20 minutes south of Cleveland.  Where are you going to be? I know there are places around there...but it just depends on where you're going to be.

I can't wait to go home...all though I dread the 8 hour drive with a 5 month old.

• I know that usually when we take Maddie somewhere she's so excited to be in a  new place that she spends the first day or two just exploring. She's rarely bored or whiny for the first 2-3 days. After that though, I'd just try to make sure and go somewhere- that children's museum you mentioned sounds perfect for one day.
  • worst case you can go to the mall cuz i bet they have a play area of some sort...especially if all the malls down here do i cant imagine that they dont have them up north!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Where are you going to be in Ohio? I'll be in the Akron/Canton area ... maybe we can meet up. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"