Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

xp- frustrated with furniture PIP

Anyone else having problems deciding on furniture for the nursery?  At first I loved dark wood (matches the rest of house).  Then DH got the idea of white furniture stuck in my head and I forgot all about the dark wood.  Then today I got a really great deal on a Best rocker.  It's oak with a light brown suede pad.  I figured it would stand out a little from a white crib and dresser, but it's no biggie.  But when we put it in the room, it matches the pine dresser perfectly.  We had planned on painting the dresser white to match whatever crib we bought, but now I'm reconsidering buying a honey oak crib to match the dresser and glider. I'm not a huuuuge fan of oak, but everything will match and look coordinated.

So what do you think?  Would this crib look ok?

A close up of the wood and fabric from glider- sorry it's in plastic until I get done painting

And the drawers from the dresser and the color of the wall

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: xp- frustrated with furniture PIP

• Options
    It would be different, but not necessarily bad. I would go with a black or white crib if you can't find one closer to the colors of the dresser/chair, but its really not a big deal. The crib is going to be the focal point of the room. I like it though!
  • Options
    Personally I like the crib and think that it would go well with the glider and the dresser. But, if you want a white crib and also paint the dresser white, then the glider would look fine with that too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go with a white crib and paint the dresser either all white or partially white.
    Krissy and Craig
    Mr. & Mrs. as of May 23, 2009
    Parents to Baby Jack as of March 4, 2010
    and Bobbi Claire June 7, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"