Alabama Babies
Options

Cats and Christmas trees (vent)

I thought the cats had stopped climbing the tree after we sprayed it down with Bitter Apple.  I went home at lunch to find 4 broken ornaments on the floor.  At least one of them was on the top half of the tree because I didn't want them to get to it. 

I could seriously kill them right now.  Luckily, we are able to close off our living room, so we've locked all 4 cats out from now until after Christmas.

As much as I love my furballs, I would love to be able to crate them like a dog for the next month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
DD born 8/9/10
TTC #2 since 8/2012
CP 12/2012
dx MFI 10/2013
Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

Re: Cats and Christmas trees (vent)

• Options
    imageuagirl:

I thought the cats had stopped climbing the tree after we sprayed it down with Bitter Apple.  I went home at lunch to find 4 broken ornaments on the floor.  At least one of them was on the top half of the tree because I didn't want them to get to it. 

I could seriously kill them right now.  Luckily, we are able to close off our living room, so we've locked all 4 cats out from now until after Christmas.

As much as I love my furballs, I would love to be able to crate them like a dog for the next month.

So far, my feline terror is being good...but there are no ornaments on the tree yet.  I feel your pain!

• Options
    Oh no! I heard that cayenne pepper on the tips of the tree branches works, just be careful to not let any of it fall on the presents. I think we are going to leave the tree in the box for a few days so our puppy can get used to it. He has already started going after the garland and Christmas pillows I put out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We had that happen last year...they broke a couple of ornaments, one of them being our first Christmas ornament...I was furious! 

This year they haven't really messed with it...I wonder if it is because they are older or if they are just waiting lol...I only have our different colored balls on there right now...I'm debating if I should put any of the important ones on there or not.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"