Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

When did your dc stop napping?

I think ds is moving in that direction. He's 2 1/2.

Re: When did your dc stop napping?

• Options
    Sorry disregard, I totally can't read. I saw napping as nagging. No wonder I thought the post sounded a little weird! LOL! Maybe I should take a nap....
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Options
    I posted something similar about a week ago.  My DD is also 2.5 and it's hit or miss most days.  If she doesn't, we get her into bed about an hour or 45 minutes earlier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD gave hers up just after she turned 3.  She was fighting it so much it wasn't worth the battle (she didn't sleep most days anyway).  We try to do something quiet during that time (watch a movie, read a book, play in her room) instead.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options

imageMrsHK:
    Sorry disregard, I totally can't read. I saw napping as nagging. No wonder I thought the post sounded a little weird! LOL! Maybe I should take a nap....

lol, I know my DD nags me sometimes ;) 

Fortunately, she's showing no sign of giving up naps. She'll be 3 in Feb. Please, please, can we keep this up once #2 arrives? But my game plan is to have her doing quiet activities (reading, etc.) if she starts moving in that direction. She already really likes quietly reading in bed before she goes to sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrshutch:

imageMrsHK:

lol, I know my DD nags me sometimes ;) 

And then I did use the term 'totally'. Ya.... where's that coffee? I will certainly shot for a bedtime before 1am tonight.

Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Options
    DD#1 rarely naps anymore.  It's maybe once a week, if that.  We do "quiet time" in our house, though.  The girls share a room so the only rules are that they can't wake each other up or keep each other up (namely DD#1 can't wake/keep DD#2 up, but every once in a while it's the other way around) and they have to stay in their room for the allotted time (usually about an hour to hour and a half).  They can play quietly, though, and we don't try to make them sleep.  They don't have many toys in their room - just stuffed animals to snuggle and a few books that we rotate in and out.  DD#1 usually napped through about age 3 and then dropped to occasionally and now rarely.  I will say, though, DD#1 is pretty cranky and off if she doesn't get at least some downtime/quiet time in the middle of the day...plus Mommy needs a break (sorry, but it's true).  We'll keep doing "quiet time" through kindergarten, I think.  We'll see if it happens that way.
  • Options
    We gave them up on her second birthday.  It was always a fight to get her to nap.  We were thrilled to not have to deal with that anymore! 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    ds is 2.5 he naps maybe 3-4 times a week. i make him lay on the couch and watch a movie or whatever unless dd (10 mo.) is asleep then we read books in his bed quietly. if i know he is exhausted and won't sleep i plan an outing so he falls asleep on the way home (i know, terrible habit, but i don't care LOL). when he doesn't nap he isn't a terror or anything so i actually prefer it since he goes to bed an hour earlier (7/7:30ish)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"