Northern California Babies
Options

Q: BF and exercising

ok, fact or fiction: has exercise affected your supply?

I'm dying to get back in shape, as I miss feeling fit and strong. I feel like I've been using BF as an excuse not to "give it my all." But, then again, I'm all about excuses.

So, if you BF, did you notice exercise affected your supply? If I still intake the proper amount of calories for my height/weight factoring in BF, I should be fine, right?

Also, how in the heck did you run with these boobs? The nursing bra just is not cutting it. Did you just wear a sports bra? I guess need to invest in some new ones.

thx so much!

thanks!

Re: Q: BF and exercising

• Options

Exercise didn't, but not eating enough calories DEFINITELY did. You need to remember to eat extra calories on the days you work out.

I have to wear 2 sports bras to run. Make sure you only wear them DURING your workout. The tightness can contribute to blocked ducts.

• Options
    Ditto.  Exercise has not affected my bfing.  And I wear two sports bras. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought I had noticed a decrease when I started running. ( I think I just needed to change my pump parts!) I second wearing the two sports bras for sure. I have never known what it was like to be well endowed, it's hard work : ) good luck with working out! One weird thing I've noticed is usually the day after I run, I feel sore and rickety like a 90 year old woman. My yoga teacher said that if you are still nursing, your body is still producing Relaxin(sp) and your joints could still be loose.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you lose too much fat you may decrease your supply, but you may not. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm going to disagree, but in my situation where I am constantly FIGHTING for supply, I definitely notice a dip when I exercise.  I've tried several times to do it, and several different types of exercise, and each time I've nearly dried up.

I think if your supply is tenuous to begin with like mine is, it can affect you, but probably less so if you have a well-established supply.

My LC told me from the very beginning that I was going to have to keep my last five pounds until I'm done nursing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"