Breastfeeding
Options

pumped milk in fridge?

If I started pumping on Friday and I have enough for a bottle today - is it ok to give it to my dd or has it been in the refridgerator for too long?  How long can you keep refridgerated pumped milk in the fridge before using it?  by the way it was never frozen - I just kept pumping and adding to the bottle,.

BFP #1 - Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks, D&C on 11/22/08. You will always be missed and loved BFP #2 - 11dpo 3/11/09, BABY KATELYN IS HERE! BORN 11/19/2009 BFP #3 - 10/22/10 HCG #800, 10/24/10 HCG #1600, BABY JACOB IS HERE! BORN 6/21/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pumped milk in fridge?

• Options
    According to Kellymom.com it is good for 8 days in the fridge.  If you thaw frozen milk it's only good for 24 hours past the time it was finished thawing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Fresh milk is good for 5-7 days in the fridge.  If you're not going to use it than you can freeze it, by day 7.  I usually freeze by day 5 just in case. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my LC said to use the 8-8-8 method. 8hours room temp-8days fridge-8months freezer
  • Options
    just keep in mind the longer it is in the fridge, although its still good, it is not as fresh. i like to freeze mine right away just to get that "fresh" taste for DS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"