Pregnant after 35
Options

good results from NT scan, whew

Well I just got back from the NT scan, we got our first trimester screening results, and we are okay.  1 in 310 chance for Downs, 1 in 15,000 for other Trisomies.   Not bad for 39 year old mom & 41 year old DH!

We will do further bloodwork around 15 weeks & then see what those numbers suggest in terms of whether we do the amnio. 

We are  really pretty relieved, especially because of previous preg. where our results came back 1 in 5 chance of a problem (and we lost the baby to trisomy 18).  We were very nervous today, and I'm very happy that things look pretty good this time around.

We're calling our parents tonight to tell them about the pregnancy, and I think we're in for a very nice Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I know I am feeling particularly thankful at this time.  

Re: good results from NT scan, whew

• Options

Yay! Terrific news! We got our results last week and they all came back great too. Such a relief! We're going to wait to get the results from the 2nd Tri screening and the detailed ultrasound to decide if we are going to do an amnio. If all looks great, we may just bypass it.

I see you're in LA. Which hospital will you be delivering at? I'm at Ceders.

Congrats again!

• Options

Hey Kirstie, this is #1 for us, and we're planning to deliver at Providence St. Joseph's in Burbank (we live in the valley).  

Happy & Healthy 9 months to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's #1 for me as well... And 40 years old at that! Not bad, Not bad at all.

I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you. Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy! Cheers!

• Options

Suz, I am so happy to hear the good results!    Suzanne is having the.....

"Best Thanksgiving Ever!"   (think VH1. Yes, I'm a dork Stick out tongue)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    awesome! i was looking for your post suz. see mine above.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good news! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"