North Carolina Babies

How much did you feed your one year old?

Katie has been waking up repeatedly throughout the night the last two weeks. She does calm down after we give her [cow's] milk. Then at her appointment today, I noticed she hasnt' gained any weight in a month.

She eats three solids a day. Mostly Stage 2, but sometimes one is a Stage 3. She gets five bottles of milk [4-6oz] a day.

Is that enough?

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

Re: How much did you feed your one year old?

• My gut says no & that's she probably still hungry. Is there a reason she isn't eating table food? J only ate table food at that point and a LOT of it, but he's a big eater. Of course he refuses to drink any liquids but water since he stopped BF so he doesn't have milk to help fill him up. I will say that J had a plateau in weight gain for quite a while around Katie's age, so it may be normal & nothing to worry about.
  • Hmmmm, that sounds like a lot of milk intake to me and not enough "real" food.  How is she doing with table food?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Loading the player...
  • At one year, Maddie was drinking about 20 oz of cow's milk a day, plus 3 solid meals and 2 snacks- all table food. She actually eats less now than she did then! Maybe she's going through a growth spurt?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At about a year Jack was taking 18-20 oz. of cow's millk and 3 solid meals and either 1 or 2 snacks depending on how our day plays out with how late he sleeps in!!  Try getting in a few snacks to give her something more to eat or even offer some table foods with her purees at dinner!!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • She CRIED when I tried to feed her bananas or pears until I pureed them.we feed her off of our plate for meals but she only wants a little bit so the bulk of her foods are mushed down.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• I wouldn't be too worried right now that she doesn't want anything other then purees. Will she take more purees then what you give her...maybe trying uping how much purees you give her at her meals. And I dunno if she gets her milk at dinner but maybe give her the dinner without milk to try and get a lil more food in her. We've cut Jack back to 3 sippys of milk a day. He gets one with breakfast or a lil while after breakfast (depending on how late he sleeps) and then he gets one in between lunch and dinner and one after dinner. we give him water sippys at meals to get him to eat more!! but i wouldn't worry about the weight gain...think about how much she has started to crawl in the past month so she's burning a lot.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • At a year, Liam was eating 3 large meals (table food) a day plus 2 snacks.  He was taking a sippy of milk at breakfast and lunch and a bottle of formula at bedtime.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"