Washington Babies

WWYD?

DH doesn't want Donovan to go get his picture taken with Santa.  His reasoning is that he is fearful of Donovan getting the H1N1 virus from all the other kids that santa has come in contact with.  While I can see his side, I also believe that we could just purell him down before and after the picture is taken. 

I can't post a clicky poll at work, so would you:

a)take him anyway, use lots of purell

b)Don't take him, find another memorable photo to take of him.

c) Make DH dress up as Santa and use that photo instead.

Re: WWYD?

• c) Make DH dress up as Santa and use that photo instead.

If he's not going to come around on it, then this could be a fun experience  for both your DH and LO (hopefully no freak outs). It could be a neat little tradition. If DH wants in on pictures too, then maybe you could ask a family friend or a relative to dress up as Santa. You could do pics in your own home in front of your own tree too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with Cupcake.  c. seems to be the best option if your husband feels that strongly about it. 

Since Donovan is still little and may not understand Santa yet, it wouldn't be a problem at this point.  If he understood Santa, then I would take him to the mall. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • I saw santa suits at costco a while back... a long while, actually, but maybe you can get them on their website (like $50), or rent one.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I'd do A, assuming you can convince DH, I wouldn't go behind his back and take a Santa photo. :) I don't think the risk from Santa is any greater than the risk from being out in the world at large.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Were you not able to get him the vax? See, that has made my mommy heart worry so much less.

I would do C also. There is no need to go behind DH's back when he feels that strongly. It will just cause a problem between you and DH. And it would be super cute to have him dress up as Santa and do your own pic.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• First choice is C.  But if your DH refuses I'd go with A and just wouldn't show him the picture for several years.  By then he won't even remember.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• imageKNemo:

Were you not able to get him the vax? See, that has made my mommy heart worry so much less.

I would do C also. There is no need to go behind DH's back when he feels that strongly. It will just cause a problem between you and DH. And it would be super cute to have him dress up as Santa and do your own pic.

he gets his H1N1 next week
  • B) reindeer headbands are much cheaper and you could take a cute photo on fake snow :P

Germs can travel airborne around infected people too (about a 6ft radius)...which purell can't stop. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • I would just wait a week, after the shot, and then see how DH feels. My son was exposed for two day (when my DH) had it, we didnt even know. He was in direct contact to DH those days. Then he got his shot and never got the virus. Just saying- sitting with Santa for 30 sec esp. with the vaccine isnt going to hurt him. Maybe your DH will feel better after the vaccine? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I spoke to a nurse at work and she suggested that we go first thing in the morning, and be first in line.  I am also going to strip him right after he sits on Santa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a - that's what we're doing.
  • If he is going to be vaccinated next week then wait until then and then take him to Santa after that.  Bring a can of lysol and spray him down afterwards if dh is that concerned but it would be a shame not to go get a pic with santa!
    imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"