3rd Trimester

Bulge in the Middle of my Stomach????

I noticed today that when I tried to sit up, my stomach got this bulge all the way through the middle of it. It looked just funky. Anyone know what this is?

Re: Bulge in the Middle of my Stomach????

• OMG I TOTALLY HAVE THIS!!! Since I started showing. DH thought it was the baby. Heh heh. Not even close, my SIL is a nurse and says it has to do with the muscles seperating. It is soooo funny looking. DH and I laugh about it all the time!
    Baby number two! Coming soon! June 8th.
  • mine do the same thing, your abs separate to accomodate the baby. So they have more space at the linea alba so when you try to use them it almost comes to a point.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • I was told that is baby's butt, trying to get some room and pushing out my belly in the process.  He stays that way for a while sometimes too so it must make a little more room for him to hang out.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • it's from right under my breasts to my belly buttonish
    Baby number two! Coming soon! June 8th.
  •  when I sit up from a leaned back or laying position It looks like the sides of my belly are sucked in & the baby is right down the middle causing it not to sink in.  I just assumed it was baby.  Dont know if this is what you're talking about
  • imagem00n_fire@hotmail.com:
    OMG I TOTALLY HAVE THIS!!! Since I started showing. DH thought it was the baby. Heh heh. Not even close, my SIL is a nurse and says it has to do with the muscles seperating. It is soooo funny looking. DH and I laugh about it all the time!

This, it's the muscles separating, think of a hernia the way the muscle bulges.

• imagemistywhite400:
     when I sit up from a leaned back or laying position It looks like the sides of my belly are sucked in & the baby is right down the middle causing it not to sink in.  I just assumed it was baby.  Dont know if this is what you're talking about

This sounds like it. It looks like a big point/bulge going all the way from top to buttom. It's just weird. I didn't know it could be baby, since its pretty narrow...?

This muscle separation that PP mentioned....I assume this is normal and the muslces will go back together like normal?

• Look up diastasis recti, and see if that seems like what you're experiencing.  It's a separation of the abdominal muscles that sometimes occurs during pg.  It usually clears up on it's own a while after delivery.
  • imagemom2binKC:
    Look up diastasis recti, and see if that seems like what you're experiencing.  It's a separation of the abdominal muscles that sometimes occurs during pg.  It usually clears up on it's own a while after delivery.

Thank you!

• oh i know what you mean that always makes me want to throw up when I see it, I thought it was the baby scrunching up now that they say it's my abs that's even worse, eewIck!

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This whole time I thought it was the baby.  I guess not lol.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"