Working Moms

um, WHAT?!

DS is with MIL while I work and it's been really good for him. She has a medical background, is pretty knowledgeable about childhood development, respectful of my rules and structure, and overall it's best for my son. It's been rocky, but we finally got to a point where I think we've got it figured out.

DH just sent me a message that MIL may need to get a job. I'm kinda freaking out. I don't know the details yet, but I am not ready to go through the whole daycare process (finding a place with space, settling in to a routine, working through the bumps) again, especially right now.

But, they've gone through this before and I know MIL doesn't want a job, so we'll see. DH works for my FIL, so we know their financial situation and would understand either way.Obviously we'll do what we need to do and what's best for DS, but I'm completely overwhelmed at the moment.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: um, WHAT?!

• That is frustrating. Can you maybe offer to pay her for babysitting as a "job" if they need the money?
  • We do pay her. We pay about what we would for a lower-cost in home daycare. But even if we paid her top rate, she would still make more at a "real" job.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is too bad then. I'm no help, my mom watches DD most days. Good luck to you!
  • I'm sorry :( That would be frustrating. Here's to hoping that she doesn't need to switch jobs. But even if you need to look around, remember that it'll all come together- I've had a few freak-outs here and there, due to switching jobs/locations and we've switched childcare arrangements a few times. It's scary, but in the end it all works out. GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"