Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco Liteway vs Maclaren?

Anyone have a Chicco Liteway or seen one? I'm wondering how it would compare to a Maclaren. Thanks!

Re: Chicco Liteway vs Maclaren?

• I registered for a Maclaren; Then once I heard about their recall, I decided to go and check it out again as well as check out some other alternative options.  That's when I fond the Chicco Liteway and LOVED it. It moved soo smoothly, and I liked the way it "handled" way more then the Maclaren I had registered for (the Techno model). So I switched my registry to the Chicco Liteway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • brooksidebride-

thanks for the info! can I be a pain and and ask a few more questions?

-What store were you able to try it out?

-Which color did you like? 

-Did it seem on par quality wise with the Maclaren in terms of is the frame all metal and what did you think of the sunshade, and did the wheels seem durable?  

• -I tried it out at BRU. We walked with it all around the store, spun it around, etc.

-In the store, they only had the reddish color. My DH liked the reddish color and I liked the bright teal. In the end, we went with the bright teal.  (They come in red, teal, and light blue. I'm having a girl, but wanted it to be gender neutral for future babies. The light blue was the only one that felt too much like for a boy to me.)

-To be honest, I never loved the Maclaren; I just always liked the idea of getting one because they are more expensive and everyone says they're the best. Even when we first chose it, I thought the frame of the Maclaren seemed a little "rickety" and it wasn't easy to recline. The way it wheeled around was smooth and the wheels were durable. However, so was the Chicco. The Chicco frame was very sturdy/strong (I think it's all metal) and the lever you pull on to make it recline was so easy to use (way easier than the Maclaren). I don't really remember the sunshade... I think it felt a little thicker than the Maclaren but not sure on that.

Hope this helps!

• I have tried both and like the Chicco better, especially for the price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • great thanks for the info
  • update- went to bru in the mall and they had the liteway! iI was able to compare it side by side w a maclaren quest and i like the chicco better- recline was much more intuitive, didnt seem as tippy with a bag on the handles, fabric seemed sturdier, and the wheels were bigger and made of a harder plastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"