Preemies
Options

mfm preconception appointment?

so dh and i are thinking of ttc near the end of 2010 or near the begining of 2011. Did you just call your mfm and ask to make a preconception appointment? Also what ?'s did you ask your mfm? I had sudden severe pre-e w/ my 1st and delivered at 34 weeks and w/ my 2nd I had pih and ptl (ptl didn't start until 34 weeks and they were unable to stop it) and delivered at 34 weeks. I'm concerned that is a far as i will ever be able to carry a pg and he may reccomend us not trying to get pg again. Any thoughts?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: mfm preconception appointment?

• Options
    We did this just a few months ago.  We aren't actively TTC but we wanted to know what the plan would be if we did go for it.  My issues were different--unexplained PROM at 32 weeks and delivered the next day (they were unable to stop labor).  I'm not sure how things go with pre-e and pih or what questions to ask about that.  But we did find going and talking with the mfm helpful.  I am a big planner though and I wanted to know what we would be signing up for and potentially what to plan for financially.
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm going in 2 weeks. I just called and made an appt. For insurance purposes, I asked my ob to fax them a referral and also my pregnancy medical records.

I just want to know the bottom line....I'm not sure if I'm going to get pg again unless he can tell me I have good reason to think I will have a better outcome. If he is optimistic, we're talking about Jan of 2010 to TTC, so I have a year to get as healthy as possible.

I don't want to put DS or DH through what we went through the last time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSBMBride406:

I'm going in 2 weeks. I just called and made an appt. For insurance purposes, I asked my ob to fax them a referral and also my pregnancy medical records.

I just want to know the bottom line....I'm not sure if I'm going to get pg again unless he can tell me I have good reason to think I will have a better outcome. If he is optimistic, we're talking about Jan of 2010 to TTC, so I have a year to get as healthy as possible.

I don't want to put DS or DH through what we went through the last time.

This is very similar to where DH and I are at.  Our appointment is tomorrow.  We aren't even sure we want to have a #2, but knowing the liklihood of having another preemie will definitely help us make a decision.  I will try to remember to post to let you know what happens at the appointment.

• Options
    I have a few medical cond (Diabetic & Kidney Disease) so all my doc have been talking and my MFM said he wanted to talk to me before we start trying so I know all the risk before going forward.  So I just called his office and made a pre-pregnacy appt.  Its on Wed.  Im scared to death.  I hope Wed comes soon and the news is not as bad as I think it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"