North Carolina Babies

Will they force us to split?

I haven't been on this board for about a week.  (BTW, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving)  So, imagine my surprise today when I try to get on and the "community" tab is not at the top anymore.  I flounder my way through to the local boards to see they have split NC into 4 sections:  Raleigh/Durham, Triad, Outer Banks, and Charlotte. Thankfully, when I clicked on each one of the above locations, the same posts appear.  Does anyone know if they will eventually separate us?  IMO, that would be awful.  Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Will they force us to split?

• Oh no! I am still just seeing NC when I log in. I hope they don't split us!
  • I missed that too. They better not, if they know what's good for them! (**shows fist**)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • I noticed that too.  I hope not, I don't think there are enough of us in any area to justify separate boards.  How boring would that be?  I guess if they do we can petition against it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • https://pregnant.thebump.com/local-baby-stores.aspx

This is the page I am talking about.  I'm not sure if everyone can see it or not.  

• Hmm...it looks like they're starting to split us but might not have completed it yet.  That would suck.  I don't see the point.  There aren't that many of us.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • *If* they do maybe we can just pick one of those and everyone agree to post on it or something along those lines.  I'm surprised they have an outerbanks but not a Wilmington area... interesting. I wonder why they decided we needed to split up?
  • Yeah its a little off to me! I guess if they do split us up we will jsut have to decide what region to ALL post on and just not use the other boards. Im not for splitting up at all, we have a good mix of each region but not enough to make the boards diff.  

• I guess we could all pick 1 board to stick to if they try to split it. 

Who on earth thought we'd need an OBX board?!?!  Have they visited this board before?!

• imagemarryingacoach:
    *If* they do maybe we can just pick one of those and everyone agree to post on it or something along those lines.  I'm surprised they have an outerbanks but not a Wilmington area... interesting. I wonder why they decided we needed to split up?

Agree, we could all just post on the same board.

• I just saw this right now. :(  I hope they don't split us up, but we can all just agree to post on one board.
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know they split the NC Knot boards a while back. The girls freaked out and the Knot gods changed it around. Now there is a NC Board, a RDU board and the OBX board.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • *sigh* There definitely aren't enough ppl to justify regional baby boards within the state! An OBX board is kind of laughable.

I like the tabs at the top of the page though. Whatever. IDK why they think they have to mess w/ what's not broken. 

• Oh wow!  Yeah, we're not that big!  I'm *guessing* they consider Wilmington to be part of the Outer Banks; we all now that's totally incorrect, but at least that would explain it.  I love the size of our board as it is, and we have to stick together! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Can't we just contact the nest gods and get them to leave it alone?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecmbrown:
    Can't we just contact the nest gods and get them to leave it alone?

My thoughts exactly.  If none of us want the split, and it seems none of us do, then they should just grant us our wish to stay one solitary board.  It's less work on their part and it would make us all happy.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"